Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with shadows in landscape

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Problem with shadows in landscape

    Hi, I'm struggling with a problem with my landscape. As you can see at the background that grid is darker, and if you see, in the right part there is another straight line a bit lighter. can't solve the problem, I tried in the landscape settings with selection/unselecting cast shadows, add more examples in the lightness. Change the light of the sun to stationary and movable but anything is working... even I tried to re-example the landscape to a different grid. any suggestions?Click image for larger version

Name:	Sgu1RP8--Imgur.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	1743939

    #2
    Originally posted by FranVergara View Post
    Hi, I'm struggling with a problem with my landscape. As you can see at the background that grid is darker, and if you see, in the right part there is another straight line a bit lighter. can't solve the problem, I tried in the landscape settings with selection/unselecting cast shadows, add more examples in the lightness. Change the light of the sun to stationary and movable but anything is working... even I tried to re-example the landscape to a different grid. any suggestions?Click image for larger version

Name:	Sgu1RP8--Imgur.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	1743939
    It's hard to tell, you're talking about this:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	line.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1744028
    right?

    I'd try a few things:

    1) Stationary skylight and directional light - rebuild light

    2) Stationary skylight and moveable directional light - rebuilt light

    3) Try moving assets to another map

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

      It's hard to tell, you're talking about this:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	line.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1744028
      right?

      I'd try a few things:

      1) Stationary skylight and directional light - rebuild light

      2) Stationary skylight and moveable directional light - rebuilt light

      3) Try moving assets to another map
      Yes, it's that, it's a square grid which is darker than the others, and also to the right, there is a black line that you can't see properly in the picture. I tried everything but doesn't work. I also try with post-processing volume, change lightmaps resolutions... and still there.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by FranVergara View Post

        Yes, it's that, it's a square grid which is darker than the others, and also to the right, there is a black line that you can't see properly in the picture. I tried everything but doesn't work. I also try with post-processing volume, change lightmaps resolutions... and still there.
        Did you try the steps above?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

          Did you try the steps above?
          Yes, I'm trying everything I can get, I'm checking the materials, maybe it's a problem with the paint layers on the landscape or something similar..

          Comment


            #6
            I don't know if helps, but if I go close I can see a line like the maps are separated (?) but it's the same landscape. Also to the left I see that I have two heightmapsClick image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	1744119 but I don't know how to remove it

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by FranVergara View Post
              I don't know if helps, but if I go close I can see a line like the maps are separated (?) but it's the same landscape. Also to the left I see that I have two heightmapsClick image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	1744119 but I don't know how to remove it
              Two heighmaps not good, unless you designed it that way. Have you tried re-doing the landscape?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

                Two heightmaps not good, unless you designed it that way. Have you tried re-doing the landscape?
                Do you know how I can remove it? I don't want to redo it the landscape, it's a huge one and there are thousand of vegetations on top, if I remove the landscape all the vegetation disappears, with weeks of work. there's no another way? from the materials or any settings..?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Are the heightmaps overlapping?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by presto423 View Post
                    Are the heightmaps overlapping?
                    I think so..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That may be the cause of the darkening. Kinda like doubling the color values and shadowing.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by presto423 View Post
                        That may be the cause of the darkening. Kinda like doubling the color values and shadowing.
                        Yes, it's that! There's any way to remove one of the height maps??

                        Comment


                          #13
                          You might be able to resize one of the height maps, or translate (move) it instead of removing one entirely. When selecting one of the height maps in the right panel (as shown in the photo), there should be settings for location and scale / size. Try that because removing one could remove more landscape data than desired.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X