Runtime Virtual Textures and World Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runtime Virtual Textures and World Composition

How can I use Runtime Virtual Textures together with World Composition to get it to work for all of the streamed landscape pieces?
    Last edited by vbs; 03-13-2020, 08:32 PM.

Figured out my RVT problems: each landscape had to have a reference to its own separate instance material -- which references the RVT asset, also separate RVT volume and RVT asset per streamed level.
    Last edited by vbs; 03-13-2020, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Hey, there,

Exhuming this from outer space...

I am also working on Virtual Texturing.

Do you mean that for it to work I need:

1. A separate landscape Material per level and Layerinfos for each

Referencing to:

2. A specific Runtime Virtual Texture

with

3. A Dedicated per level Runtime virtual Texture volume

A separate Landscape Material per level is a bit tedious...
      Last edited by Mighty_Maax; 05-15-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Ok got it to work, and apparently I don't need to add new Layer Infos for Landscape layers.. not sur how it behave with different landscape materials... say it's not the same list...

Comment

I had landscapes on different levels in world composition, using the same Realtime Virtual Texture, but needing its own volume. Seems to work well, seamlessly scattering paint and foliage/grass across the seam. Using multiple RTVT's would be way better for resolution, but may require more gpu. I would like to test this and check for seams etc. vbs it looks like you had success doing this, have you come across any issues? Anyone test this on a dedicated server with clients yet?

Comment

rasamaya1 I have 1KMĀ² tiles I should use different RTVTs no ?

Comment

I think you can get away with 1km easy. I was doing some testing, you need to adjust your settings in the RTVTexture, I made a grid and slowly tweaked, while doing profiling on a much much larger landscape. but... I have a good gpu. My texture size is 4194304 with virtual texture size of 4096 and tile of 1024 w padding of 1. This is huge, but works well with "my testing" so far, resolution wise on a 4km by 8km landscape. With this size, I have a checker map with a clear 10 squares across 10cm. So good enough, but thats a huge Texture size. With a smaller map, say your 1kmby1km you can reduce everything or push limits and have way more resolution than me.
              Last edited by rasamaya1; 05-18-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X