Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Dmitry Karpukhin View Post

That's too bad And also a bit strange. So many Post Process FX assets on Marketplace and no way to downsample any of it? Some of them are ridiculously expensive on a 4K resolutions...
    You would need at least a plugin and moving post process material into a global shader to perform that pass at different resolution currently.
    I, however, do agree, that lack of such functionality in stock is limiting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Deathrey View Post

Nope, there isn't.
    That's too bad And also a bit strange. So many Post Process FX assets on Marketplace and no way to downsample any of it? Some of them are ridiculously expensive on a 4K resolutions...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dmitry Karpukhin View Post
    Hello!

Is there any method in Material Editor to use at least half-res downsampling on a custom post process materials?
    Nope, there isn't.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Custom Post Process Downsampling

Custom Post Process Downsampling

Hello!

Is there any method in Material Editor to use at least half-res downsampling on a custom post process materials? Some post process materials such as blur or lens distortion may be really heavy because of computing every pixel on screen which is a waste.
    Didn't found a single material node about that, but I found some shaders in Engine directories such as:

Code:
    UE_4.24\Engine\Shaders\Private\PostProcessDownsample.usf
    UE_4.24\Engine\Shaders\Private\PostProcessMitchellNetravali.usf
    Both of them claim to be "PostProcessing down sample". But is there any practical method of using it? I should clarify that I'm not exactly good in HLSL just at the moment.
    Thanks in advance!
Working...
X