Emissive lighting seems to be dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emissive lighting seems to be dead

If anyone can get emissive lighting working on their end let me know, I cannot make emissive lighting work atm, I just want an image of it working and the settings needed, no suggestions.

There aren't really any magic settings. You make a material emissive, enable "Use Emissive as Static Lighting" on the mesh instance in the scene, and bake. Add Lightmass Portals around the objects to improve sample quality. Emissive intensity/emissive boost/lightmass replace are all subjective and depend on your use.
    Lighting Artist @ Rockstar Games
    ArtStation
    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by rosegoldslugs View Post
      There aren't really any magic settings. You make a material emissive, enable "Use Emissive as Static Lighting" on the mesh instance in the scene, and bake. Add Lightmass Portals around the objects to improve sample quality. Emissive intensity/emissive boost/lightmass replace are all subjective and depend on your use.
      Again, emissive does not bake to lighting on my client at all, im not asking for quality, im asking has it been removed.
      I have tried baking with production quality, with an emissive of 1000000 (yes thats the actual number), with emissive to static on, the emissive is static too, and there isnt even a slight faint glow coming from it. Just show me, does it work or not.

Comment

Yes It does work on my side (4.24.2)!!

Comment

Works totally fine. You just need to familiarize yourself with documentation and basic settings.

Comment

...lit only by the emissive material, used only a multiplier 3 in the material editor...

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00011_.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	1715013

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrey View Post
              Works totally fine. You just need to familiarize yourself with documentation and basic settings.
              Im more than familiar with basic settings, and unfortunately im also familiar with this bullcrap. (Check image. No im not an idiot who forgot to bake.)
              Attached Files

Comment

You have the cube selected there with the use for emissive lighting checked, you need to check that option on the thing that has the emissive material, not the objects that you want to receive the emissive lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                  You have the cube selected there with the use for emissive lighting checked, you need to check that option on the thing that has the emissive material, not the objects that you want to receive the emissive lighting.

No luck still, View screenshot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Also heres the super basic material im using.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This might be a silly question, but do those base objects actually come with a lightmap on them, where the baking can render the light information into? I know, that imported meshes get some lightmaps autogenerated, if they are missing, but the base objects like your plane or cube?

Comment

Originally posted by Suthriel View Post
                        This might be a silly question, but do those base objects actually come with a lightmap on them, where the baking can render the light information into? I know, that imported meshes get some lightmaps autogenerated, if they are missing, but the base objects like your plane or cube?
                        Those shapes are built in engine content.

Comment

Working...
                        X