Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Beginner] How to set a parameter for my Post Process, by Blueprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Beginner] How to set a parameter for my Post Process, by Blueprint?

Hello ! i have a beginner question, for POSTPROCESS on Unreal.
    I want to set some post process parameters on a BluePrint. (changing a float and a vector3)

So, : my material is a Material instance. can i use it, or i need to Create a Dynamic material instance at start ?

If it is Dynamic material instance, how can i add it to my volume bye blueprint ? i have the post process volume on my Blueprint, but i cannot find something like "add the material on the postprocess array"

i did not find any guide for this, if someone have a good starting guide for BP for PP, i'm interested !

To create a Postprocess parameter that can be controlled by a blue print:

1. First create a Post Process Material. In that Material have whatever parameters you would like to control from Blue print.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_179520.png
Views:	391
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1699676

2. Now create a Postprocess component in your blueprint
    3. Create an instance of the Post process material during beginplay or wherever in your blueprint.
    4. Make that instance into a post process setting using MakePostProcessSettings and MakeWeightedBlendables. This should apply your Postprocess Material to your PostProcessVolume
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CreatingDynInstanceOfPP-mate.png Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	1699677

5. Now use your BP to call the material parameters and do the changes you want to.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BPUsage.png Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	1699678
    Last edited by Hrishi_A; 12-18-2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help Hrishi_A.

Comment

Working...
      X