Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhino6 to UE4 with Megascan Materials not showing up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhino6 to UE4 with Megascan Materials not showing up...

Hi All,

Pretty new here to UE4 so bear with me.

I'm doing a rhino 6 3dm file to datasmith in UE4 workflow to test the megascan materials. I've imported the file in UE4 and the material I want to use. I've assigned it to the default Unreal Studio floor and it's showing up fine. But when I select my imported rhino static mesh and assign the material, it's not showing up at all. Just checkerboard tiles...

Can anyone please help me with this as I'm stuck on the first step...

Thanks!

Not many people using this workflow I guess?... any thoughts pleeeeese

Comment

Megascans materials work great with Rhino assets. Assuming you've set-up your UVs correctly and other materials show up OK, one thing you can try is that you need to turn off displacement or make sure you've selected flat tessalation + uncheck crack free in the tesselation options for the material.

Comment

Originally posted by mgcmtn View Post
        Megascans materials work great with Rhino assets. Assuming you've set-up your UVs correctly and other materials show up OK, one thing you can try is that you need to turn off displacement or make sure you've selected flat tessalation + uncheck crack free in the tesselation options for the material.
        thanks mgcmtn for your reply.

Have you used this workflow? I'm new to UE4 in general and now megascan. Do you setup UVs in Rhino or do you export it to other software? Do you also assign them materials in Rhino? The thing is that with Megascan to UE4 live update, it's more straightforward than to setting up materials in Rhino if I understand correctly?

Comment

I’m in architecture so generally box mapping is sufficient for the assets I’m texturing and easy to do in Rhino 6. I only import geometry from Rhino - why use Rhino’s materials when you have Substance and Megascans integrated into UE4 - and the UVs come along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by mgcmtn View Post
            I’m in architecture so generally box mapping is sufficient for the assets I’m texturing and easy to do in Rhino 6. I only import geometry from Rhino - why use Rhino’s materials when you have Substance and Megascans integrated into UE4 - and the UVs come along for the ride.
            Thanks again for the reply. Yes I tested it again and it worked this time, given that I will have to open individual mesh object and assign materials there for it to show up. Overall it's working so will keep exploring! Thanks!

Just another quick question even though it's not related to this one, if I want to create still images with UE4, where is the capture or export to image file option in UE4 and settings to adjust quality of the image?

Thanks again!

Comment

Best option for still images is to download and install the Ansel plugin. You need to uninstall GeForce if it won't work (and install the v3.15.0.164 version) in game.

Set up a Cine Camera, play it as standalone, launch Ansel with Alt+F2. Push F3 to get back to "lit" mode and adjust the bottom slider to Super Resolution. Push snap.

Comment

Working...
              X