Don't understand how Post Process Priority property works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I didnt understand anythink, so how is interchanger bp working?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Manoel.Neto View Post
    That's now how PP volumes work. They don't "stack", the camera simply uses the settings of the volume it's inside of. The priority exists to tell the engine which PP settings will be used when the camera is inside multiple volumes at the same time. Having more than one unbound PP volume is not something you should do.
    Oh! Thanks for your answer. But it seems, there is a certain rule rather than just undefined behavior when several unbound volumes are superimposed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's now how PP volumes work. They don't "stack", the camera simply uses the settings of the volume it's inside of. The priority exists to tell the engine which PP settings will be used when the camera is inside multiple volumes at the same time. Having more than one unbound PP volume is not something you should do.

Leave a comment:

• Don't understand how Post Process Priority property works

I have three pp volumes red, green and blue which represent atmospheres of the three planets. All three volumes are set unbound. The camera is located on the planet surface with the blue atmosphere. The red atmosphere is farthest from the camera. I'd like that the atmospheres are rendered in the following order: 1 - red, 2 - green, 3 - blue. For that purpose I set pp volumes priorities as such: red - 20, green - 10, blue - 0. These settings yield the following rendering order: 1 - green (10), 2 - red (20), 3 - blue (0). If I set priority of 30 (or any value more than 20) for the green volume then I obtain correct rendering order: 1 - red (20), 2 - green (30), 3 - blue (0). Also, If I set back the priority value for the green volume and disable the blue volume then the rendering order becomes to this: 1 - red (20), 2 - green (10). This behavior looks rather strange for me. Perhaps there is some additional rule that determines the order of rendering according to priority values or is it a bug?
    Last edited by zubetto; 07-25-2019, 09:29 AM.
Working...
X