Shadow artifacts, High Res Screen Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Great, thanks for the replies. I was hoping to capture in the editor and not standalone build, as currently when trying Ansel I don't have it installed in the project, and the standalone build looks different the the editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    High Res Screen Capture has been broken since UE4 was released, I just avoid using it all together. The best work arounds are to use NVIDIA Ansel Photography Plugin or use NVIDIA DSR / AMD VSR to set your desktop resolution to be higher than your monitor resolution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well the two images points out the typical problem with image based materials. They don't scale very well relative to resolution. What seems to stand out though is the lightmap resolution is to low so you might want to try upping the value

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Shadow artifacts, High Res Screen Capture

Shadow artifacts, High Res Screen Capture

I am trying to create a really high resolution screen shot 11000 x 5000 however when I increase the multipler to higher values (in this case 5) to achieve that resolution I get artifacts around the edges of the shadows. At lower multipliers there are no artifacts I get nice sharp edges.

On the attached photo, the left side is using a low multipler value and the right side is using a value of 5.

The lighting is done with baked lighting with quality set to production.

Working...
X