World Composition woes: Landscape LOD diffuse texture generation errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Composition woes: Landscape LOD diffuse texture generation errors

Hi! I've been experimenting with World Composition, but I've run into some issues. When generating LODs, the diffuse textures turn out far too bright. I've figured out that Unreal also renders the exponential height fog and atmospheric fog into the texture, which does not seem like desired behaviour to me. Hiding the fogs before baking the LODs helps, but the textures are still too bright.

Secondly, the diffuse textures fade to a default Unreal texture at the borders, which is very strange indeed. Anyone else experience difficulties with world composition? Am I not using it correctly?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lhorkan; 07-02-2019, 08:53 AM.

Anyone have any insights on this?

Comment

Same problem here, but I guess nobody knows how to resolve it...

Comment

Easiest solution, instance your lanscape material properly, set up the scalar multipliers and tone down the map before baking - like you have to disable camera related functions by forcing them to 1 in order to bake.

the baking is a one time step really, so you'd shouldn't have issues changing the material via parameters, backing, and setting it back.

If you have to don't often you can even save the second instance out and switch between the 2 prior to baking.

Comment

Working...
        X