Post Processing Help Wanted - Night vision disaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Processing Help Wanted - Night vision disaster

Hello helpful people, I'm having an issue with my night vision post process. I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-0DDBn04mY&t=472s to make it, and it does work and I can toggle it on and off with a flip flop node, but after I toggle it off it leaves a very warped weird looking sickly almost thermal vision effect that I can't figure out how to remove. but if i toggle the NV back on the weird thermal vision is removed and replaced with the proper night vision. So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone know how I can make it look like the standard scene rather than the weird thermal when I toggle it off? Thank you in advance.
    This is the standard scene before turning on Night Vision This is the scene after night vision is toggled off this is the scene with night vision on

In your post processing volume material, hook scenetexture(post processing0)->componentmask(RGB) to a lerp. Use lerp to toggle between normal scene and your effects.

Comment

Originally posted by pickersZ View Post
      In your post processing volume material, hook scenetexture(post processing0)->componentmask(RGB) to a lerp. Use lerp to toggle between normal scene and your effects.
      Like this?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanbejr View Post

Like this?
        The last three nodes will do. I am not sure what the rest of the earlier nodes are going to do. Then hook up your special effects to lerp.B .

Comment

Originally posted by pickersZ View Post

The last three nodes will do. I am not sure what the rest of the earlier nodes are going to do. Then hook up your special effects to lerp.B .
          The earlier nodes are just what the guy said to do in the TUT so, not sure. but also I'm not sure what you mean by special effects. if you mean the green and grain effect and vignette those were all done in my character BP

Comment

I didnt see the video in its entire. Yes the greenish effect that you were talking about. Just to be sure that you have only one PP material that was attached to the PP volume so that there are no other factors affecting your envisioned result.

I have not done anything like attaching PP volume to player character. The usual method for me is just to add PP volume in the scene. You could try toggling visibility via character->post processing->blend weight to either 0 or 1.

(not tested) If you need the smooth "blending", maybe there might be an option to get the material from the PP volume and have a value to change in the material itself. I have tried getting the material from the PP volume but didnt manage to successfully.
            OR
            have the value (from the post processing material) exposed as a material collection. From which you could access the value and change it. See the link.
            https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-materi.html

Comment

Working...
            X