Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making reflections disappear for hierarchical instanced static meshes on "owner no see"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumpin bc still don't know how to work around this!

Comment

Bumpin! Still lookin for help~

Comment

Bump bump bump!

Comment

Still lookin for help, folks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem to be an engine limitation--it seems to be a bug.

Comment

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Still lookin for a solution to this--or even some sort of affirmation that this is in fact a problem~

Comment

Originally posted by exaptations View Post
                “Owner no see”:
                • Owner doesn’t see physical mesh but does see mesh in reflection captures (weird)
                • Non-owners see the mesh both physically and in reflection captures (normal)

“Only owner see”:
                • Owner sees mesh physically but not in reflection captures (weird)
                • Non-owners never see the mesh, not physically nor in reflection captures (normal)
                this makes it sound like the objects seen through planar reflections are not considered to be owned by the local player the way it does for the scenecapture.
                this is gonna be a stretch but perhaps it might work by making the planar reflection actor be owned by the local player

Follow me on Twitter!
                Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Chosker, Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I've tried that and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Comment

Bumpin away~!

Comment

Working...
                    X