Better Toon Cell shader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Toon Cell shader?

Ok So Im making a game based of a comic I made and I want the game to be Cel shaded and dark but all the tutorials I found usually only make it to where there is only 2 colors rendered (1 area where the light is the strongest and one where the Light is dark. I have added a photo on what it looks like right now.) and I want there to be more colors in the middle of these two to make the shadows dark and the light areas look nice. I searched everywhere for a solution but Haven't found one. Is it possible to do this or is it completely Impossible and I should ditch the Idea? Please let me know if you have a solution. Thanks!
    What the Cel Shader looks like right now

This link has multiband cel shading using look up tables. part two has a nice Laplacian Edge Detect post process for outlines. if you use it there's one extra step that's not on the page, after the part that says Performing Convolution there is a 5th material function where they forget to put in input, just connect a 2 vector to it with the value od 1,1
    CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
    Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Originally posted by ixicalibur View Post
      This link has multiband cel shading using look up tables. part two has a nice Laplacian Edge Detect post process for outlines. if you use it there's one extra step that's not on the page, after the part that says Performing Convolution there is a 5th material function where they forget to put in input, just connect a 2 vector to it with the value od 1,1
      Thank you so much for this! I already have an outline shader but I might use this one! Thank you for the find!

Comment

Originally posted by ixicalibur View Post
        Hey am I able to use some sort of emissive textures is that out of the picture now?
        Last edited by DanielG1939; 06-06-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X