Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particle not facing camera?

Dear Unreal community,

We have need to make our particles not always facing the camera, but align itself along the velocity and world's z-axis instead. To be specific, we're trying to emit ring-shape particle from a character to simulate forward sound waves. (Like that of a bat.)

Is there a way to do this? So far we have tried all the psa_types but they all align the sprites to face the camera and it looks really wrong.

thats a good question. I don't see any psa types that allow for NOT explicitly facing the camera. You can try to make a mesh that's a card and set it to psa_type then mesh emitter Face Camera With Locked-Axis and then below that is the camera facing settings, where you don't face the camera.
    www.youtube.com/user/destruct007

Comment

Hey KillerPenguin -

This is an issue of orientation and Cascade has the ability to Lock Axis as a module. You should be able to add it from Orientation >> Lock Axis. Depending on your Characters forward axis, I would think that you would want to lock them to the X Axis, but you may have to play with the axis setting based on your nedds. Locking the axis though would allow you to keep a camera facing alignment like PSA_Square.

Try and let me know if you are still having issues.

Comment

Yes, it works, thanks a bunch.

Comment

Working...
        X