Name:	image_160694.png
Views:	490
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	1631164
    can we see this in 4.24 ?

Comment

Let us pray!

Comment

Doesn't look like it's in 4.24/dev-rendering at the moment.
        Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
        ArtStation
        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

can we see this in 4.24 ?
          There must be a misunderstanding here, You don't want to see "Raytracing" Building lighting, that would be incredibly limited to the usual realtime raytrace method which includes only a single bounce per light and other million artifacts.

What you want to see instead is GPU rendering assisting the CPU, similar to offline GPU renderers, like Vray GPU, and it would be better to use both CPU and GPU to bake lights since it would be incredibly limiting again to just use the GPUs.

GPU rendering is what is mentioned in that screen grab not "Raytrace" this is the same concept as the lightbaker in Unity right now.

Comment

What people want is an accurate realtime preview of built lighting using real time ray tracing and a fast GPU light baker.

Comment

Right on Zac.
              Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
              https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

realtime preview is a nice idea, but i care more about a fast lightmap bake. takes me like 20 hours on 3 i7 computers to do my level right now.

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
                  realtime preview is a nice idea, but i care more about a fast lightmap bake. takes me like 20 hours on 3 i7 computers to do my level right now.
                  While raytracing/preview are helpful not everyone has the hardware for it, and to your point indeed, I also care much more about being able to bake in a timeframe that doesn't tie up computer for hours, i've seen it myself,tho I do have complex terrain 2x2 5101 world comp. Not HUGE compared to what others are doing, but has a major affect on dev involvement.

Are you i7s fast,middle or...Scary times can you elaborate on your setup . As noted elsewhere, the way things are going a highend RTX will be needed going fwd, which hurts those without adequate funding . No one would deny we knew what we were getting into here . I wonder how much 4.24 will change that landscape and what the requirements will be.
                  Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                  https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post

While raytracing/preview are helpful not everyone has the hardware for it, and to your point indeed, I also care much more about being able to bake in a timeframe that doesn't tie up computer for hours, i've seen it myself,tho I do have complex terrain 2x2 5101 world comp. Not HUGE compared to what others are doing, but has a major affect on dev involvement.

Are you i7s fast,middle or...Scary times can you elaborate on your setup . As noted elsewhere, the way things are going a highend RTX will be needed going fwd, which hurts those without adequate funding . No one would deny we knew what we were getting into here . I wonder how much 4.24 will change that landscape and what the requirements will be.
                    yea my i7s are 4ghz, 2.7, 2.7....

At the end of hte day... Im seeing so many others implementing nvidia optix option for raytracing lightmap baking.... i mean.. ffs.. its done... take it and implement it. These guys gotta stop ****n around. RTX 3080TI will be released before epic takes this **** seriously.

Comment

Well after some huge tests on raytrace, I can't see how full raytrace would be praticable.

On a pretty big ArchViz Scene a 2080ti I can't get more than 0.1 fps at the moment where foliage enter in action in the scene.
                      The problems lies in the preprocess pass eating all of the power, and I can't imagine how to solve that !

Comment

the biggest challenge is the GI. If you turn off GI for all lights, but only use it for the strongest light sources.. you can work-around that issue.
                        I was running tests on large interior scenes with a lot of lights. That's usually the biggest challenge for a ray tracer - especially the GI.

you can download my test results and case studies including all the models and project files from my blog:
                        https://fattybull.com/design-case-study-retail-cafe/

hope that helps.
                        cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X