Camera surrounded by following circular shadow Bug? 4.22.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera surrounded by following circular shadow Bug? 4.22.1

What causes a circular shadow to appear around the camera/player & how do you fix it?
    The engine crashed on me and upon loading the same level, there is now a permanent shadow about 10-20 feet away entirely circled around the camera or player character. If you move the camera, the shadow moves along with it. It looks as if the player had been carrying a lantern and only a circular portion of light is being shown around the character the rest being circled by a black shadow.(I never implemented anything like this so I have no idea what caused it) Objects that arent terrain or floors sometimes can still be seen even within the shadow. This shadow bug seems to happen on most levels. I tried rebuilding lighting & it doesn't fix it.
    Last edited by Pine722; 04-30-2019, 05:41 AM.

I think it's just the default pawn's sphere which is casting a shadow. Try pressing Eject and moving the camera back while you're in Play In Editor mode, you should see a sphere floating there.

Comment

Moving all of the content to a new project "fixed" the problem, but its really not a good solution, there must be a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhorkan View Post
        I think it's just the default pawn's sphere which is casting a shadow. Try pressing Eject and moving the camera back while you're in Play In Editor mode, you should see a sphere floating there.
        I don't believe this is the case because it happens when flying around in the editor without a pawn as well. Only a circle of light surrounds the camera the rest of the world in darkness.

Comment

I'm having this problem still off and on, sometimes if I restart the editor it goes away but I can't figure it out.. Its happening on every map, adding new lights the area still stays pitch black like it hasnt loaded or something.
          Last edited by Pine722; 05-05-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

It might be easier to find help if you'd post a video or at least a screenshot of the problem.

Comment

I will do that the next time it occurs. I deleted the engine swarm folder and it seems that has fixed it again, for now. I'm assuming files in there aren't loading or are getting corrupt somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhorkan View Post
                Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
                its work for me
                Last edited by bandabandas; 05-08-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

its really not a good solution, there must be a better way.

Comment

Working...
                  X