Pause rendering and continually display the last-rendered frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pause rendering and continually display the last-rendered frame

Is there a way to pause rendering and continually display the last rendered frame? I'm starting to prototype an enterprise application that runs via Pixel Streaming, and I'd like the application to consume as little GPU as possible if the user is not actively interacting with the application.

I don't want to show a black viewport or anything, and I do want anything that is not the rendering to continue on. If the viewport isn't changing frame-to-frame, I just want to stop consuming GPU resources to render the same frame over and over again.

Any clues? Being an enterprise application there aren't going to be any animated things like shaders that change frame to frame even when the geometry is motionless, so I will be able to set a flag when things aren't moving and unset it when things do move, so that rendering pauses are invisible to the users.

C++ and Blueprint solutions are both fine.

Thank you.

What you could do is rendering to a renderTarget and show that via a widget. I am not sure if there is a PauseRenderer command, but at least you can set t.maxFPS 1 which will only render one image/sec in the background.
    You then can recover to interactive rendering by "listening" to various events like key inputs or camera movement in general.
    RealVis Studios

Marketplace: Orbit Camera System
    | Culling Material Effect

Comment

ok the Max FPS idea is a good one. I had not considered that. Thank you.

Comment

AFAIK, the command to freeze rendering is simply FreezeRendering.

Comment

FreezeRendering is only working in Editor and its not really Freezing the Rendering it just freezes the culling, but rendering will continue....
          RealVis Studios

Marketplace: Orbit Camera System
          | Culling Material Effect

Comment

Is there a master who can add

Comment

Working...
            X