Weird Import Issue from Blender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Import Issue from Blender

Ok so I got this issue where I imported an object from blender to unreal and there's this weird shadow thingy. I'm fairly new to the whole game development thing but I'm slowly learning. I got an error with the smoothing or something in the log and I fixed it by exporting the fbx with faces and not "only normals". That fixed one problem but then I had another problem of where I have an issue with my skeleton I made for it. In the log it talked about my model not having the appropriate weights or something with the skeleton and the mesh and to use the T-pose...I think. And I do have some with appropriate weights but I also have some of the mesh that don't because then it bends weird when I turn the head or something instead of keeping its shape and just rotating. It's really weird. Any ideas?

Lighting bug: try experimenting with smoothing types in geometry section of fbx export options, this might help with lighting bugs.
    The weight problem: blender automaticly creates _end bones on end of some bones and does not assign any weights, this can help importing in some programs but not unreal. Normally it causes problems, i recomend you to fix it by unchecking aadd leaf bones in export settings in Armatures tab, this should help. Also there is Only Deform Bones checkbox, tgis might help too.

Comment

Is it not so, that some of the Blender effects can not all be applied to the FBX... that is, they are working for the rendering in Blender - but you (at least) need to check off some export parameters to actually make that work in UE4. A practical test would be to import the object to blender again (or importing an early/simpler version of your model to UE4) ... I imagine that would reveal if the data is actually there in the FBX. As described by NeNikitov - getting it all to work may need some experiments. And then when it finally works you may still not know why...

There is a tool for exporting FBX here, it did the job for me - but as I do not yet understand half of it I would not know if it can solve such issues: https://blenderartists.org/t/gyaz-ex...-4-fbx/1121132

Comment

Working...
      X