Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightmass volumetric lightmaps do not work with Landscape UVs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
    Ok I think I got a quick workaround for this problem:

    Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Lightmass\LightmassLandscapeRender.cpp: 73

    Code:
    const FVector2D BaseLayerCoords = FVector2D(UVSubsection) * LayerScale;
    change to:

    Code:
    const FVector2D BaseLayerCoords = FVector2D(LandscapeComponent->SectionBaseX, LandscapeComponent->SectionBaseY) + FVector2D(UVSubsection) * LayerScale;
    Tested works with LandscapeCoords and TexCoords, unsure about whether it has some side effects
    Thank you! Unfortunately I am not technically skilled to trust myself to touch the engine source code, but hopefully someone else will find it useful before (if) it gets the official fix
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

    Comment


      #17
      Luoshuang
      By the way there were some rumors that you are an Epic employee. Do you think you could pull some strings to make sure this doesn't get into final 4.22, since my bug report got rejected?
      https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post
        Luoshuang
        By the way there were some rumors that you are an Epic employee. Do you think you could pull some strings to make sure this doesn't get into final 4.22, since my bug report got rejected?
        Yes I became an employee not long ago
        I'll try to see whether I can get it into 4.22 release as long as it doesn't have side effects

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

          Yes I became an employee not long ago
          I'll try to see whether I can get it into 4.22 release as long as it doesn't have side effects
          Thank you!
          https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

          Comment


            #20
            I owe Trey an apology. It just took him a while to get back to it: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-70009
            https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post

              Thank you!
              The fix is now official and will be in 4.22, and will soon be visible on GitHub.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1584308

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

                The fix is now official and will be in 4.22, and will soon be visible on GitHub.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1584308
                Yassss, thank you!
                https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

                Comment


                  #23
                  Luoshang is the master of the lightmaps

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Fix is visible on GitHub now: (needs Epic/GitHub account linkage otherwise 404)
                    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...b62f8743dd7a69

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I have tried the mentioned fix and rebuilt the ue4 editor and tried it again. But all I get is this black results. Any ideas? Is this normal? I am guessing that this may be normal .. but if it is , then visualizing volumetric lightmap is pretty useless? other than checking out the density... ?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Castorpuck View Post
                        I have tried the mentioned fix and rebuilt the ue4 editor and tried it again. But all I get is this black results. Any ideas? Is this normal? I am guessing that this may be normal .. but if it is , then visualizing volumetric lightmap is pretty useless? other than checking out the density... ?
                        You will usually see the bounced light only around the probes that are near the landscape surface. Also make sure your lights are static so the bake actually happens
                        https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X