Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indirect Lighting Issue + Emissive

Hello everybody,
    I hope someone could help me try to understand the lighting issues I am facing.

I have a lot of Stationary spot lights on the ceiling( the room doesn t have any windows). They work pretty fine but the general room is too dark. I am trying to add more bounces on the world settings, but doesn t seem to help so much.
    So I am trying to add more intenisty on the indirect light intensity on the Spot Lights settings, but nothing change. So my first question: Does the Indirect light Intensity work for static light only?
    Is there any way to add more brightness to my room without adding intensity to the lights?

Last question: Is there any way to make an emissive obj to cast shadow on moveable mesh when it s lit by the emissive?

thanks everybody

What kind of albedo your materials have in general? If you have too dark albedo bounce lighting will be very weak.

Comment

Hi!

You can use postprocess volume to set the exposure (brightness) to your liking!
      Setting the light's intensity should effect the brightness of your lighting!
      If emissive is set to effect static lighting then it should effect the "sample spheres" so it should effect your movable mesh if set so...

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers.
        I am trying to not using post process at this stage, trying to have a decendt result before entering in the post process. The emissive is set to static lighting, but it s not casting any shadow on movable obj

Comment

You can't get dynamic shadow from static indirect lighting. Ambient occlusion from screenspace or distancefields do work for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post
            You can't get dynamic shadow from static indirect lighting. Ambient occlusion from screenspace or distancefields do work for that.
            And capsule shadows.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys very helpful

Comment

Working...
              X