Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volumetric Spotlight inside Blueprint does not illuminate in scene during playmode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Spotlight inside Blueprint does not illuminate in scene during playmode

Hello, When I have a spotlight inside of a BP it does not illuminate using VM shadows during game play. While im editing the scene it shows just fine. As soon as I hit simulate to test the scene, they all disappear. :-(

However when I have a spotlight in the scene outside of the blueprint, it works as expected.

I have all the setting enabled for the correct rendering. I have built my lighting, the light in the BP is movable, cast dynamic shadows, affects world, cast volumetric shadows, visible in game. This BP is replicated in my scene a number of times with each light having different properties...

Any insight on how this could be fixed so i can still use my current method using BPs?

Thanks!

Anything happening here? I was hoping one of the developers could shed some light onto this topic?

Thanks

Comment

Having the exact same issue. July 2020 Unreal 4.24

Comment

What do you mean inside Blueprint? Did you create spotlight in Blueprint?
        Ok, try to create the same light in the editor and run the project, then set the blueprint light with same parameters. If it doesn't work we have to create a blueprint class.
        Try also to do experiments opening a temporary new side project.

Comment

Working...
        X