No announcement yet.

RTX Ray-tracing in VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deferred shading defers the light and material rendering to a separate rendering pass after object/material info is accumulated into a G-Buffer then resolves the lighting in screen space.

This inherently muddy's up the final image slightly compared to Forward rendering which does lighting in the base pass.

Also for Deferred shading you are recommended to use TAA which has it's own temporal blur that occurs over your final image whereas with forward it's recommended to use MSAA which is a clearer AA method.

I recommend doing a test with two projects using the same assets, one in Deferred with TAA and one in Forward with MSAA so you can see the difference for yourself.

Originally posted by Bits360 View Post

What do you mean by "produces a clearer picture due to rendering order?" Im kinda curious as i can afford to switch to forward, im just hesitant to do it this early as it lacks a lot of features deferred has.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by CharlestonS View Post
      Deferred shading defers the light and material rendering to a separate rendering pass after object/material info is accumulated into a G-Buffer then resolves the lighting in screen space.

This inherently muddy's up the final image slightly compared to Forward rendering which does lighting in the base pass.

Also for Deferred shading you are recommended to use TAA which has it's own temporal blur that occurs over your final image whereas with forward it's recommended to use MSAA which is a clearer AA method.

I recommend doing a test with two projects using the same assets, one in Deferred with TAA and one in Forward with MSAA so you can see the difference for yourself.

Thanks for the info. Also, TAA with catmull rom pattern does help un-blur the image a bit at no real quality loss

Comment

Working...
      X