Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

I was just checking Dev-Rendering, as I do regularly, and I was surprised!

Raytracing was merged! If I'd have a RTX GPU I'd test it, but I don't have one.

Here's the main commit: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...b3591e5fc2fe6c

It seems Ray-Traced reflections (RayTracingReflections.usf) and Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion (RayTracingAmbientOcclusionRGS.usf) are the two most interesting things that are added. Especially Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion I find very interesting, looking very much forward to supporting that in my game.
    Last edited by John Alcatraz; 12-20-2018, 05:14 AM.

• replied
    Hi,
    I know that Ue4 doesn't support multiple gpu yet, but since Ue4 using the DXR functionalities (and not nvidia rtx), is Ue4 asking DirectX for all available tensors and rt cores or is it only restricted the main display gpu ?
    Nvidia Nvlink should make tensors cores and Rt cores "merged" for the DXR functions right ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Farshid View Post
    if ps5 come with amd gpu
    it will not have dxr compatibility ???

dxr is based on microsoft and they will not limited dxr to nvidia rtx
    DXR support is up to the hardware manufacturer, it needs to be in the GPU driver. AMD does not have a GPU driver with DXR support.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it'll take AMD a couple of generations to catch up to NVidia if raytracing becomes the next big thing (which it probably will). They might focus on doing scanline rendering faster and at a higher quality over the next couple of generations instead, since the physical space cost of dedicated RT hardware will allow AMD to gain an edge over RTX cards in that area.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if ps5 come with amd gpu

It's quite unlikely that the next generation of consoles will be powerful enough to do real-time raytracing. From what I've read, it's going to stay a PC-exclusive feature for at least another console generation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if ps5 come with amd gpu

Leave a comment:

• replied
    please bring dxr to older graphic cards
    its unfair we cant use it
    There is hope for everyone else if LPV gets improved together with SSGI, this is only assumption.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does denoising works with FXAA?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    get an rtx card then. People like you aren't the target customers yet anyway

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Talk to Microsoft, Nvidia and AMD about that. Complaining about that here is silly.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NOTE

Additional information regarding ray tracing in UE4 is available here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by roberteker View Post
    The latest couple of raytracing videos I've seen have been very noisy, compared to the first couple that were posted. Why is that?

If you don't have many fast moving object in the scene, is it possible to raytrace every few frames and then instead apply blurring on the other frames?
    The existing denoiser seems to be this kind of multi-frame sampling denoising, so it is very early when the picture moves, rather than the AI denoising demonstrated by NVIDIA. At least in many demonstration DEMOs, the denoising effect is very ideal, and the existing denoising effect is significantly different from the demonstration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The latest couple of raytracing videos I've seen have been very noisy, compared to the first couple that were posted. Why is that?

If you don't have many fast moving object in the scene, is it possible to raytrace every few frames and then instead apply blurring on the other frames?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nigkdo View Post

It is actually 4.22 preview 2
    Ergh I think I skipped p2
    We'll see if p4 yields better results..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X