Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

NVidia already told it won't, because older GPU lack of performance for any application using ray tracing (their words). Also, GTX 1060 only works on the model with 6GB VRAM and doesn't work on the model with 3GB VRAM.
    maybe performance problems but i think usable sequencer and so beatiful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The GTX 1060 gets about 10 FPS at 1080p in the games that support RTX. So I'm not surprised Nvidia used that as the cut off point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by enoes View Post

understand but will come ray tracing for other gtx cards????
    NVidia already told it won't, because older GPU lack of performance for any application using ray tracing (their words). Also, GTX 1060 only works on the model with 6GB VRAM and doesn't work on the model with 3GB VRAM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Farshid View Post

1060 and up
    understand but will come ray tracing for other gtx cards????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by enoes View Post

60 and up ?? i have a 650 ti can i use ray tracing ? (need movie)
    1060 and up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Evenios View Post

now 10 series cards (60 and up) can use real time ray tracing. i love it! i have the 1080 gtx ti its not perfect as it can be a bit sluggish but its really amazing and def can output a scene to video.
    60 and up ?? i have a 650 ti can i use ray tracing ? (need movie)
    Last edited by enoes; 04-13-2019, 04:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RJMerritt View Post
    Is it really exclusive to the RTX card, even when the binary is released? I was hoping to utilize it in a film project. The performance in my case isn't entirely necessary.
    now 10 series cards (60 and up) can use real time ray tracing. i love it! i have the 1080 gtx ti its not perfect as it can be a bit sluggish but its really amazing and def can output a scene to video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We're looking into visualization across multiple LED screens and came across a software called Notch, where I found an interesting presentation on a non-RTX based implementation they are using:

(Btw, the founder's history is interesting, if you are of a certain age.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Volta should work, even though it doesn't officially support RTX.
    3. Preview 7 appears to cause drivers to crash in Dx12.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    I have a few questions:
    1. I have an Nvidia Titan Volta. With this card has to work raytracing in ue4.22 preview7?
    2. I installed and runned in dx12 mode, I see that it's working in output log.
    3. But Unreal crashes in dx12 mode if I press any button.
    I don't know if it is because of Titan Volta not an RTX card or just because of Windows10 dx12 or Unreal preview7. So If I wait will it be good in the future, or I won't be able to use Titan Volta for 4.22.
    Thank you for answer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    interactive gpu light baking (ray tracing-dxr ) ue4

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot-270.png Views:	1 Size:	369.4 KB ID:	1600006

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I have a question because ue4 spits when the project is started and shows such information, if someone knows what it is caused and how to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Supposedly, just like with the 10XX series AMD Vega stuff might be getting DXR backwards compatibility *sometime* this year. So anyone with a Vega 56 or whatever should be able to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Farshid View Post
    Real-Time Raytracing for Interactive Global Illumination Workflows in Frostbite

Subsurface looks nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Real-Time Raytracing for Interactive Global Illumination Workflows in Frostbite

Leave a comment:

Working...
X