Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coach View Post

thanks all for the reply.

i use VXGI 2.0 and (off reflections) they don't looks so bad compared to DXR so i would like to compare some levels
    I've been using VXGI + HBAO before, and DXR is much better than VXGI only in terms of effect; it's not only the advantage of reflection and shadow, but also the advantage of DXR in AO and GI calculation, and the performance consumption gap is not big; at least when I use VXGI, I can easily see many light and shadow errors, but DXR can bring us very close to offline. Rendering quality GI, AO, reflection and shadow;

Comment

I may be on a newer build, but I'm not seeing nearly as bad noise as you guys are getting in your videos.

Do we have a list of console commands to tweak the raytracer with yet?

Edit: r.raytracing in the console brings up a buttload. Looks like everything is on by default.
      Last edited by Antidamage; 01-24-2019, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
        I may be on a newer build, but I'm not seeing nearly as bad noise as you guys are getting in your videos.

Do we have a list of console commands to tweak the raytracer with yet?

Edit: r.raytracing in the console brings up a buttload. Looks like everything is on by default.
        Denoising for several rt features was just added earlier today

Comment

It's doing a very good job in that case! I still see noise in some less lit areas when the camera is moving, but it looks good otherwise.

Is some kind of reprojection on the cards, vive-style motion smoothing?

I tried doing a packaged build and unfortunately that just crashes very quickly and looks bad until it does.

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

I've been using VXGI + HBAO before, and DXR is much better than VXGI only in terms of effect; it's not only the advantage of reflection and shadow, but also the advantage of DXR in AO and GI calculation, and the performance consumption gap is not big; at least when I use VXGI, I can easily see many light and shadow errors, but DXR can bring us very close to offline. Rendering quality GI, AO, reflection and shadow;
            ok thanks. it's time for RTX

Comment

What we still lack in real-time is the GI effect of DXR and its denoiser, and I find that it seems that there is no AI denoiser using NVIDIA in DXR? Or just changing the name?

At present, shadows, reflections, and AO combined with reflection effect are very good, especially AO and shadows. To some extent, they can even replace CSM shadows and SSAO perfectly when running in RTX graphics cards, and the effect is far better than CSM shadows and SSAO, and the performance is almost the same. This is a cross-era technology!! It can be predicted that many games can be greatly improved by using AO and shadow.

As for reflection, the current DXR reflection + noise reduction can achieve very good reflection in smooth objects, but there are still some problems in the reflection of rough objects, and the performance consumption of reflection seems to be several times larger than AO and CSM, but I believe there is a lot of room for optimization. Look at the DXR reflection of battlefield 5, after one-time optimization, it only consumes a small amount. Part of the performance;

Also, it seems that translucent materials and HISM are still not effectively supported? Will it be supported later?

Finally, we don't seem to have seen real-time GI effect, although there is complete ray tracing effect in the path tracing mode, but real-time GI does not appear; the game that can find real-time GI application seems to be the subway series, I don't know what the problem that GI still does not appear, perhaps because the performance consumption of GI is even more terrible than reflection?GI seems to be just the transmission of color information. Should it consume less than reflection?

Anyway, it's really an exciting cross-era technology, looking forward to a complete DXR that can bring earth-shaking changes to real-time graphics! !!
              Last edited by Leo Rakes; 01-24-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Made a video while playing with some of the raytracing options:

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 01-24-2019, 02:23 PM.
                LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by MaximumDup View Post
                  Made a video while playing with some of the raytracing options:

i saw also the live video

amazing man and thanks for your contribute

can you please upload an interior/exterior archviz video? it would be really nice

many thanks

Comment

Im very ignorant with ue4. Ive downloaded the dev render n compiled it..then turned on skin cache and raytacing in project render settings.

But I dont know how/what to do with the following explanation: "create a shortcut for the built engine body and add - d3d12 to the target bar of the shortcut."

can someone explain what I have to do to enable the softshadow n raytraced AO n reflection in this build please? Please explain as if talking to a baby.. Im dying to try this on my new two 2080tis founders.

thanks a billion...

Comment

Originally posted by KennethC70 View Post
                      Im very ignorant with ue4. Ive downloaded the dev render n compiled it..then turned on skin cache and raytacing in project render settings.

But I dont know how/what to do with the following explanation: "create a shortcut for the built engine body and add - d3d12 to the target bar of the shortcut."

can someone explain what I have to do to enable the softshadow n raytraced AO n reflection in this build please? Please explain as if talking to a baby.. Im dying to try this on my new two 2080tis founders.

thanks a billion...
                      Once you have your local copy compiled, locate the UE4Editor.exe at windows explorer (usually inside ..\Engine\Binaries\Win64) right-click on it and choose "Create Shortcut". Now right-click at the shortcut created and choose Properties. Once you have the properties windows opened and inside the field Target add to the text "-dx12 -raytracing" so in the end it will be like: "...\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe" -dx12 -raytracing" being the "..." the place your original UE4Editor is located. Make sure to have a space before each "-"

Hope it helps.
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

UE doesn't support SLI or similar technologies yet btw.

Comment

There is no mention of multi-GPU on roadmap and besides the tech demo made by Epic for NVidia and Disney at last year's GDC for RTX where it was possible, it was not built into an specific engine release, so it might happen or not, we just don't know, there is nothing yet that confirms this is being built for 4.22. Since the engine is being marketed for film production, we assume this as a "must" feature.

Maybe we could have some word from kenpimentel if we are going to see multi-GPU support and if so, when?
                          ​​​​​​​
                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

The new version of SLI is a little different in that connected cards automatically pool their video memory with or without support for SLI, so there's definitely some hope.

Comment

Nilson, thanks a trillion for your detail explantion for the dummies. Will try and post some shots later. Is this build being updated almost everyday?.. I guess I have to redownload and recompile every week or so huh.

yes I know ue4 doesnt support multi gpu yet... but I bought two so that I can use it with redshift, octane, arnold gpu (when it comes out) and possible use of Nvlink when some or all of the mentioned renderers start supporting nvlink for 22gigs of ram from two 2080tis.

it would be nice is ue4 eventually supports multigpus since that would allow faster fps and more complex scenes.

thanks again.

Comment

I did what was explaned by Nison, and I don't see any Raytracing option in the viewport "Lit" menu, and I can' see any soft shadows in the viewport with rectangular area lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X