Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

rtx 2080 ti
    some setting about 20 fps. Raytracing cinematic render hard RTX card. I think supersampling cant use. What you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

some setting about 20 fps. Raytracing cinematic render hard RTX card. I think supersampling cant use. What you think ?
      nope i just increase the screenpercentage to 200 and tweak shadow samples to higher value. i think thats normal i push the limits a bit.

Comment

nope i just increase the screenpercentage to 200 and tweak shadow samples to higher value. i think thats normal i push the limits a bit.
        push limit more and try screen percentage 300 1080p video record is possible ? but complex scene , not only single car , maybe indoor house

Comment

push limit more and try screen percentage 300 1080p video record is possible ? but complex scene , not only single car , maybe indoor house
          yes but u know this is not the final release i hope better performance with features. i will try with comlex scene but this release really unstable.(even this scene) i cant any change for materials (with textures) immediately crash all the time. maybe compile problems reason of this. i dont know ...

especially when increasing the sample value of the area lights seems to be approximate results like gpu lightmass. the other thing I wonder about is multi bounce. if I remember correctly The number of bounce in presentation was 1.

i thing really usefull for animations. we will see real-time performance when it comes to full release. we'll wait and see

Comment

yes but u know this is not the final release i hope better performance with features. i will try with comlex scene but this release really unstable.(even this scene) i cant any change for materials (with textures) immediately crash all the time. maybe compile problems reason of this. i dont know ...

especially when increasing the sample value of the area lights seems to be approximate results like gpu lightmass. the other thing I wonder about is multi bounce. if I remember correctly The number of bounce in presentation was 1.

i thing really usefull for animations. we will see real-time performance when it comes to full release. we'll wait and see
            Cant understand some things. 2 say people.

--DXR is in Dx12 every gpu work.
            -- ue4 rtx only work rtx cards.
            if dxr is microsoft tech work every gpu, maybe 1 fps but must work every gpu.
            Best way is try on my pc. I download this branch but Visual Studio is something errors. Cant build branch.

Comment

So ray tracing AO is not yet available?
              I generally judge whether an image is rendered offline or not by AO.
              The pictures you guys shared seem to be very "real time", so I think AO is still not working.

Comment

Originally posted by IOchair View Post
                So ray tracing AO is not yet available?
                I generally judge whether an image is rendered offline or not by AO.
                The pictures you guys shared seem to be very "real time", so I think AO is still not working.
                AO has been used in most light sources, but the AO noise reducer is not ready. Now using AO can only force the number of light to increase, which will cause a great decline in performance. After a lot of tests, AO is not a big problem, and the quality of traditional offline rendering AO is not much different, the difference may only be slight difference caused by the number of rebounds and other factors, need to wait until the AO denoiser is ready to see the full real-time AO effect.

Comment

guys
                  something gorgeous coming!

(i got some problems on compiling and i can make the infinity mirror any console command?)

Click image for larger version Name:	error.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1574146
                  everytime open the engine this error shows

Good morning everyone,

This is my first post here.
                  I am testing and having a lot of fun with this early 4.22 build. But I've noticed exactly the same alert on compiling (Assertion failed/ TotalbytesRequested), did you solve it somehow?
                  The editor runs smoothly but a lot of noise in shadows and reflection, path tracing works but it stops after a few seconds of progressive rendering. Can I change these behaviors?
                  Thanks in advance and have a good day!

Ciao

Comment

Cant understand some things. 2 say people.

--DXR is in Dx12 every gpu work.
                    -- ue4 rtx only work rtx cards.
                    if dxr is microsoft tech work every gpu, maybe 1 fps but must work every gpu.
                    Best way is try on my pc. I download this branch but Visual Studio is something errors. Cant build branch.
                    - DXR is in DX12 and only works when a card supports ray-tracing. Unless a GPU vendor specifically enables that capability at the HW/Driver Level, you will not be able to use DXR
                    - UE4 does not use RTX directly. It uses DXR via DX12 (which talks to RTX). People are using the two together because NVidia is the first with their tech supporting DXR.

So to sum up:

- Legacy GPUs currently DO NOT support DXR. It is up to those manufacturers to enable some form of emulation or release hardware.
                    - UE4 uses DXR not RTX. RTX is Nvidia's tech which DXR is driving under the hood

Tommy.

Comment

I'm.. stunned. Really wasn't expecting that many DXR related feature for 4.22, it's trully amazing.

I assumed we'll just get the reflections... but there's reflection, AO, beautiful shadows, and a path-tracing viewmode ?!
                      Performance are also way better than i anticipated.

If we can do some pre-render//Adaptative real-time in unreal engine using path tracing, unreal engine with completely disrupt the entertainment industry.

Last edited by MaximeDupart; 01-23-2019, 03:46 AM.
                      LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

guys what are the difference between VXGI and DXR? (off reflections)

Comment

VXGI voxelizes the environment for Dynamic GI. The environment is still rendered the usual way.
                          DXR (DirectX Raytracing) and RTX (Nvidia Raytracing) both use Raytracing to create an image.
                          Raytracing is used in offline rendering (CGI movies for example) to produce images

Comment

Uh... guess it is time to get one of those new RTX cards asap!
                            VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
                            Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
                            Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
                            Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              guys what are the difference between VXGI and DXR? (off reflections)
                              DXR is a component of DirectX12, aka "DirectX Raytracing", it uses acceleration structures and bounding box approximations to trace rays in your scene.

VXGI is an Nvidia technology which will as well try to solve light transport accross a network of large boxes but at a much larger scale using voxels, runs supposedly on any Directx11 card, but latest iteration VXGI 2.0 will require at least a gtx-900 serie card.
                              LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by MaximumDup View Post

DXR is a component of DirectX12, aka "DirectX Raytracing", it uses acceleration structures and bounding box approximations to trace rays in your scene.

VXGI is an Nvidia technology which will as well try to solve light transport accross a network of large boxes but at a much larger scale using voxels, runs supposedly on any Directx11 card, but latest iteration VXGI 2.0 will require at least a gtx-900 serie card.
                                thanks all for the reply.

i use VXGI 2.0 and (off reflections) they don't looks so bad compared to DXR so i would like to compare some levels

Comment

Working...
                                X