Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
    PLEASE MAKE DXR AVAILABLE TO ALL GRAPHIC CARD EVEN WITH LOWER FPS

NOT ONLY TURING GPUs
    Won't happen since DXR is Microsoft's tech and specification, not Epic's. Also it is necessary that graphics card gives support for emulation of those features with compute shaders (AMD is doing with similar DSLL tech, so makes possible non-RTX cards to have it) included at driver level.

It is a race and I will be happy enough to see this supported on the engine, even if requires me to purchase a new graphics card to enjoy this.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

I'm all for productive criticism of EPIC but I would be even more excited to see what people are actually doing with this developer release. Anybody have any updates on their explorations? Love to see any stills or videos exploring the shadows, reflections, etc.

Would love to just see complex objects casting shadows in a brutalist compound or water ripples with physically accurate dynamic reflections. Really anything that shows how much of an advancement DXR is. It seems like the few existing demos are overloaded visually and it's hard to really see the amazing impact this tech will have.

Also, I would love to join in but I will need to overhaul my system. I was able to run the Microsoft DXR demos using my GTX 970, are the features in this developer release confirmed RTX-only at this point? Would be happy even with a 1fps emulation mode.

Is anyone able to actually preview and play a level with these features enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by thejturner View Post
        I'm all for productive criticism of EPIC but I would be even more excited to see what people are actually doing with this developer release. Anybody have any updates on their explorations? Love to see any stills or videos exploring the shadows, reflections, etc.

Would love to just see complex objects casting shadows in a brutalist compound or water ripples with physically accurate dynamic reflections. Really anything that shows how much of an advancement DXR is. It seems like the few existing demos are overloaded visually and it's hard to really see the amazing impact this tech will have.

Also, I would love to join in but I will need to overhaul my system. I was able to run the Microsoft DXR demos using my GTX 970, are the features in this developer release confirmed RTX-only at this point? Would be happy even with a 1fps emulation mode.

Is anyone able to actually preview and play a level with these features enabled?
        This post has a video link: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...92#post1568192
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

thejturner I got my 2080ti earlier this week and tried the latest dev-rendering build. The implementation is super early but there are tons of commits each day and I'm sure it'll be pushed a lot in the next couple of weeks to be in a good place for GDC in mid March. I mean the speed of light demo was created 6 months ago. I therefore hope we get a feature set on par with what was shown back then.
          Last edited by The_Distiller; 01-17-2019, 08:59 PM.
          ArtStation

Comment

Im stoked for 4.22! I got the unreal engine cloned on my github, and I found the dev-rendering branch, how do I commit that stuff on github?

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm having fun with this very early integration of DXR, sharing screenshots with you.

r.Shadow.Denoiser is working perfectly, and infinite mirrors are working with Path Tracing. I could start building scenes with the early builds but I'll wait for more features.
              The shadows and reflections are amazing!

I'm using a RTX 2080.
              No extra post process settings (Point lights to help with lighting), just raytracing.
              Shortcut as "...Win64\UE4Editor.exe -dx12 -raytracing" to enable
              Build from 3 days ago (dev-rendering).
              Last edited by Jhosep_Chevarria; 01-17-2019, 08:49 PM.
              The Virtual Photographer, welcome to my world!
              AQP City, Open World Game
              My Artstation: Click me!
              *AQP City Fan page
              *AQP City on Indie DB

Comment

Originally posted by Jhosep_Chevarria View Post
                Hi Guys, I'm having fun with this very early integration of DXR, sharing screenshots with you.

r.Shadow.Denoiser is working perfectly, and infinite mirrors are working with Path Tracing. I could start building scenes with the early builds but I'll wait for more features.

I'm using a RTX 2080.
                No extra post process settings (Point lights to help with lighting), just raytracing.
                Shortcut as "...Win64\UE4Editor.exe -dx12 -raytracing" to enable
                Build from 3 days ago (dev-rendering).
                How is the FPS ?

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post

How is the FPS ?
                  With this small scene and no extra lines of code:

50 ~ 55 With the high poly vehicle, close view to details.
                  60 ~ 65 FPS with low poly vehicles
                  80 ~ 85 fps looking the scene through a mirror
                  90 fps looking to the sky and buildings
                  80 ~ 85 from the air (with high poly vehicle)
                  85 ~ 90 fps from the air with low poly vehicles

FPS depends of the complexity, size and how well is optimized of the scene, so it can be different depending of your needs.
                  Last edited by Jhosep_Chevarria; 01-17-2019, 10:42 PM.
                  The Virtual Photographer, welcome to my world!
                  AQP City, Open World Game
                  My Artstation: Click me!
                  *AQP City Fan page
                  *AQP City on Indie DB

Comment

FPS depends of the complexity, size and how well is optimized of the scene, so it can be different depending of your needs.
                    sounds very interesting, jezz now i need a RTX card... F....

Comment

wow FPS better than I expected.

compiling devrendering branch now.

Comment

Thank you Jhosep_Chevarria! Exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. Also pleasantly surprised by the frame rates on the regular 2080.

Looking forward to finding out more about the path tracer too. How long did it take to resolve at that quality level in your screenshots?

Comment

guys
                          something gorgeous coming!

(i got some problems on compiling and i can make the infinity mirror any console command?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	error.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1574146
                          everytime open the engine this error shows
                          Last edited by Nocturness; 01-18-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                            guys
                            something gorgeous coming!

(i got some problems on compiling and i can make the infinity mirror any console command?)

Click image for larger version Name:	error.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1574146
                            everytime open the engine this error shows
                            Whats your GPU ?

Comment

So anything very reflective is pure black in all reflections, including all glass and all metals?

That stands out quite a bit so what's going to be the workaround for that, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

Whats your GPU ?
                                rtx 2080 ti

Comment

Working...
                                X