Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

Global Illumination Samples 10
    Bounce 2
    Denoiser Deactivated.
    EvalSkylight Activated.
    Ray Distance Default.

RTX 2080ti
    thanks for the upload. is this from the latest build of the dev rendering?
    Last edited by KennethC70; 02-16-2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

Global Illumination Samples 10
      Bounce 2
      Denoiser Deactivated.
      EvalSkylight Activated.
      Ray Distance Default.

RTX 2080ti
      your youtube channel is amazing

Comment

404.。。。。

Comment

Currently we're still working on 4.22 ray tracing features actively, however our changes (like the fix to the broken multi-bounce reflections) won't be visible in Dev-Rendering because we're working in some internal branches. Soon they will be visible in 4.22 branch directly.

Comment

Originally posted by 光光达 View Post
            404.。。。。
            You need to be logged into GitHub with your Epic account linked:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github

Comment

Originally posted by YujiangW View Post
              Currently we're still working on 4.22 ray tracing features actively, however our changes (like the fix to the broken multi-bounce reflections) won't be visible in Dev-Rendering because we're working in some internal branches. Soon they will be visible in 4.22 branch directly.
              Hello, will you get the support of HISM, Foliage and Mask in 4.22? Or will these be supported in the subsequent rendering branch, version 4.23? Or a possible hybrid rendering scheme. Existing DXR can hardly be applied to most outdoor scenarios without supporting these.

Comment

Could you please make sure that when you merge your internal branch to 4.22, the individual commit messages are visible in the commit? It's always extremely hard to dig through commits with no commit messages, sometimes those big merges from one branch to another one are missing all the messages.
                Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Fingers crossed it'll be in a usable state by the time 4.22 releases! Many things broken atm but I'm hopeful.
                  ArtStation

Comment

I'm still predicting that it won't be out of experimental until 4.25 at the very earliest. They're working really hard on it, but it needs some time in the wild before it'll be considered stable and there's plenty of features missing that'll come in over the course of 4.23 and 4.24, all of which will need to be tested by the wider community.

Maybe someone from Epic and weigh in and tell me if my estimate is way off.

Comment

I don't think experimental is the right word. It's already a lot more than that.

Comment

Have you tried it? It's definitely still experimental. All new features like this are for a while, even if they're rock solid, which this definitely is not. It's not even close to being feature complete, much less stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Rakes View Post

Hello, will you get the support of HISM, Foliage and Mask in 4.22? Or will these be supported in the subsequent rendering branch, version 4.23? Or a possible hybrid rendering scheme. Existing DXR can hardly be applied to most outdoor scenarios without supporting these.
                          Some messages ago, one dev mentioned Landscape (and I think it includes foliage aswel) will not make it into 4.22, but 4.23. So hopes are low on this.
                          Nilson Lima
                          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                            Have you tried it? It's definitely still experimental. All new features like this are for a while, even if they're rock solid, which this definitely is not. It's not even close to being feature complete, much less stable.
                            Yeah I did try it and it is bugged but I don't see it as experimental. I'm amazed by it, as buggy as it is. I think not many people understand what ray tracing is, maybe you understand.

They're working hard to get this to work and they will. An experiment is something you do in order to test and observe, they're past that. They're implementing ray tracing, think about it... it's incredibly complex! It's a new era in computing and technology.

This is not an experiment it's for real. It will be great, right now it's not because it's not polished. It could take 2-3 years to make it as hardware efficint as resterization but the quality and everything else will be way superior.

At some point there won't be any more light baking... maybe 5 years from now in aechviz? I'm only saying to be patient and try to understand how complex and difficult it is to bring somwlething like this to life.

Regards,

Alex.

Comment

PS: Everyone that want to understand ray tracing should watch this video:

https://youtu.be/SrF4k6wJ-do

Regards

Comment

Morningcoffee007 I think Antidamage mentioned Experimental as the keyword to describe a feature once it is released. The real time RayTracing feature will debut first as Experimental before even going to Early Access, like it happened with Niagara, and that will take a bit for the feature to leave Experimental and going into Early Access to finally going into Released.
                                Nilson Lima
                                Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                                Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                                supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X