Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frenetic Pony View Post

Well it won't be on CUDA, because that's Nvidia specific. Nor will the new lightmapper be RTX specific, instead it appears to be some accelerated raytracer that doesn't rely on final gather (one hopes).

I would expect that, at some point and quite possibly right out the gate, the lightmapper will get DXR support, possibly for previews, baking, or both. RTX is, again, Nvidia's buzzword for Microsoft's DXR standard. The DXR standard does however bring many nicities for raytracing, and RTX's fixed function BHV block will probably be supported as well.
    We're using the terms interchangeably in this conversation. We know that Epic will product a platform agnostic tool eventually if it's possible.

GPU accelerated BHV is key to this generation's realtime raytracing performance so if there isn't an agnostic equivalent, then yeah, it's going to be an Nvidia-only solution until everyone else gets their act together.
    Last edited by Antidamage; 02-09-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
      another test.
      i think denoiser works buggy now. sky gi sample and bounce values(evalsky on) do not make a significant difference when denoiser is on.
      Secondary bounces usually don't show unless you're in an otherwise unlit room using an overly bright directional light and your exposure is turned up. At least to me. I wouldn't notice it in an outdoor scene.

Typically your secondary bounce has the effect of lightening the entire room just a touch, with further bounces giving you a more smooth result.

Comment

another test.
        i think denoiser works buggy now. sky gi sample and bounce values(evalsky on) do not make a significant difference when denoiser is on.
        but the overall quality is really nice

Comment

another test.
          Hello, I haven't had time to test new branches. Can Mask Material be rendered by DXR now? Now the branches look translucent and GI have entered the testing stage, but can Mask and Foliage, Landscape render normally in DXR?

Comment

Originally posted by YuriyODonnell View Post

That's correct. Landscape is not implemented yet. It is unlikely to be supported before 4.23.
            It has already been confirmed that landscape support won't be in 4.22.
            ArtStation

Comment

How does Ray Tracing work with renders (sequencer) so far?

Comment

There's a video on the previous page of sequencer.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                  There's a video on the previous page of sequencer.
                  Maybe Im blind but I dont see any render there, just video of a car which is from preview and not an actual sequencer.

Also, I see many people using Lightstudio BP and I cant find it. Is it part of the engine?
                  Last edited by SHEILAN; 02-12-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Hello, I have a question if any of you know how to fix this error occurs when I add pointlight, spotlight, rectlight to the scene.https://i.gyazo.com/7e5d11880ec413af...472e5a6344.png
                    Last edited by A100KA; 02-12-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

RTGI 1 bounce, 1 sample per pixel
                      RT Reflection Screen Percentage of 50%

fps hit is high on my RTX 2080

Comment

Hi,

does anyone know if Nvlink Bridge is supported?

I want to buy another 2080ti for better performance, can I expect any improvements in term of FPS?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Global Illumination Samples 10
                          Bounce 2
                          Denoiser Deactivated.
                          EvalSkylight Activated.
                          Ray Distance Default.

RTX 2080ti

Comment

Originally posted by Morningcoffee007 View Post
                            Hi,

does anyone know if Nvlink Bridge is supported?

I want to buy another 2080ti for better performance, can I expect any improvements in term of FPS?

Thanks in advance!
                            Unless anyone have tested this and seen something, we don't have yet an official info about this and its been asked several times.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Unless anyone have tested this and seen something, we don't have yet an official info about this and its been asked several times.
                              Thanks for your answer. I guess we will find out in the days ahead.

Regards,

Alex.

Comment

Heyo everyone! Some of you guys could post early state of command list for DXR, will you ?

Comment

Working...
                                X