Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.22 most likely won't get complete support. The raytracing features will probably be experimental for at least two engine releases, if not longer. But it's clearly getting a lot of attention so I expect it'll move along quickly during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by FisherDai View Post
      Hey guys,
      I made some tests on the Raytracing version. Looks great, very similar to a GPU renderer for me, I just feel that I was using Vray GPU but much faster and easier.
      I`m not sure which part was wrong, but the denoiser/GI/Translucent doesn't work. I`ll go forward to see if I can find more interesting points.
      nice renders!

Comment

woahh
        GI and raytraced shadows / AO / reflections !
        has anyone tested if sequencer renders out clean animations?, or if there's render passes that can be spit out from it?

Comment

Originally posted by YuuJin View Post
          woahh
          GI and raytraced shadows / AO / reflections !
          has anyone tested if sequencer renders out clean animations?, or if there's render passes that can be spit out from it?
          for me, it doesnt work, crushes every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_Cykyria View Post
            So, can we bake lights with this yet?
            The tech is supposed to be real-time and not baked.
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

There's been plenty of demos and discussion around using realtime ray tracing to preview and then bake lighting. Baking is also much more practical for shipping a game .

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                There's been plenty of demos and discussion around using realtime ray tracing to preview and then bake lighting. Baking is also much more practical for shipping a game .
                Aye, agree that baking is practical, but I don't know how the tech will do this faster or better... if someone says to me the once you have previewed in real-time and is satisfied and with a click of a button you will get a fast baked scene with the preview settings and will take 1 min, then that's awesome, but surely for the engine I didn't see this being commented by Epic's staff or that (and anything else) being on road map... would be nice to know thou.
                Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Aye, agree that baking is practical, but I don't know how the tech will do this faster or better... if someone says to me the once you have previewed in real-time and is satisfied and with a click of a button you will get a fast baked scene with the preview settings and will take 1 min, then that's awesome, but surely for the engine I didn't see this being commented by Epic's staff or that (and anything else) being on road map... would be nice to know thou.
                  I am a bit confused about Raytracing, there is a plan to add Global Illumination on unreal engine 4? It will work only with nvidia rtx cards?

Comment

Originally posted by kalakus View Post

I am a bit confused about Raytracing, there is a plan to add Global Illumination on unreal engine 4? It will work only with nvidia rtx cards?
                    I have seem people finding entries and settings related to GI and even attempting some renderings, but the whole thing is still not ready. People are just too eager to put their hands on it. I would wait for more official feedback regarding this or the stress would be too great.
                    Nilson Lima

Comment

Raytracing HW only.

Tommy.

Comment

Something new of of last night is multi-bounce reflections Very nice. Though shadows and GI passes are missing from reflected rays.

Link: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...529ca918b17f8b

Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

Hello, will we get Mask, translucent support in version 4.22? What about Foliage and HISM, and Landscape?

Foliage, translucent materials and landscapes look strange because of the support of existing branches. It would be great if version 4.22 could get complete support.

Another question is, will there be a better denoiser? The existing noise reduction seems to be difficult to achieve good results under 1-4 SPP samples.
                          I have found this video at Youtube, shows some translucency material:

Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBear View Post

Raytracing HW only.
                            Tommy.
                            Thanks Tommy, what about GI?

Comment

Thanks Tommy, what about GI?
                              What are you asking about? Yes, RTGI will only work with GPUs that support raytracing, which is currently only the RTX GPUs.
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Working...
                              X