Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less samples. May need to enable denoise for RTGI. This is exactly how shadows looked before denoising was added.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
        For where it's at it looks superb.

If you set your max ray length or really reduce your skybox size, can you do HDR lighting via GI? And try some translucency!

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post

For where it's at it looks superb.

If you set your max ray length or really reduce your skybox size, can you do HDR lighting via GI? And try some translucency!
          seems got problem roughness materials and translucent materials. i just test GI with subsurface but got archifact there. waiting new commit lol.
          Last edited by Nocturness; 02-06-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
            Looks great. Has HISM instance grid objects, or vegetation systems, been supported in the latest version of the branch? Mask and translucent material? And the geomorphological system?

Comment

Originally posted by 最后的馒头 View Post

Looks great. Has HISM instance grid objects, or vegetation systems, been supported in the latest version of the branch? Mask and translucent material? And the geomorphological system?
              yes, what's with foliage? and landscapes

Comment

RTGI??? Man, this is awesome!

Is it all realtime (i can move the light and it bounces around)?
                Finally no lightmaps needed?

Comment

I finally have the project loading again. I'll try to test some of the above this morning then the rest later today.

I'm interested as to whether emissive surfaces act like light sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                    I'm interested as to whether emissive surfaces act like light sources.
                    Not yet. Only when using full path-tracing mode.

Tommy.

Comment

Translucency has not been touched at all, looks pretty bad still. Proper translucency is something I'm REALLY looking forward to. Refraction is still screen-space. Emissive surfaces do not act like lights. The GI denoiser is in there but perhaps it hasn't been trained yet.

The number of bounces makes almost zero difference, so you're good with one. The number of samples per pixel needs to be set to about 50 to overcome the noise, but that runs at less than 1fps. Even two SPP cuts the framerate in half.
                      Last edited by Antidamage; 02-06-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

For interior spaces, bounces over 1 can make a big difference.

Comment

Normally I'd agree but in this case I'm not seeing it. Maybe once better denoising is in it'll be more obvious.

Comment

Thanks for the interest, and the nice video. As you've pointed out, there is still work that needs to be done.

Comment

Hey guys,
                              I made some tests on the Raytracing version. Looks great, very similar to a GPU renderer for me, I just feel that I was using Vray GPU but much faster and easier.
                              I`m not sure which part was wrong, but the denoiser/GI/Translucent doesn't work. I`ll go forward to see if I can find more interesting points.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick.Kelly View Post
                                Thanks for the interest, and the nice video. As you've pointed out, there is still work that needs to be done.
                                Hello, will we get Mask, translucent support in version 4.22? What about Foliage and HISM, and Landscape?

Foliage, translucent materials and landscapes look strange because of the support of existing branches. It would be great if version 4.22 could get complete support.

Another question is, will there be a better denoiser? The existing noise reduction seems to be difficult to achieve good results under 1-4 SPP samples.
                                Last edited by Leo Rakes; 02-07-2019, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X