Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    @YuriyODonnell

Could you say if raytracing will be supported with VR in 4.22, or is that not planned for 4.22 and will only be possible in a later engine version?

I don't mean "will performance be good enough for VR", I mean "will it render correctly in VR, without any unusual artifacts".
    +1 for VR rendering that works properly ! Performance can be tackled for 4.23 ;D
    Antoine Guillo, FR
    Virtual Reality Designer
    https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

For everyone still exploring this branch, RTGI has been officially checked into dev-rendering (yay!):

Ray tracing global illumination. Currently disabled by default to evaluate performance and quality in WoodChuck. r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination (enables RTGI, default = 0) r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.Denoiser (enables denoising, default = 1) r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.SamplesPerPixel (determines samples-per-pixel, default = 1) r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.MaxBounces (determines maximum number of diffuse bounces, default = 1) r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.EvalSkyLight (determines whether or not SkyLight can be hit with indirect diffuse, default = 0) r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.MaxRayDistance (maximum ray distance for diffuse and visibility rays, default = 1.0e27) Details here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...8819913010a6c0

Tommy.

Comment

For those still playing around with early raytracing stuff in dev-rendering, RTGI has been checked-in! Yay! :

Code:
        Ray tracing global illumination. Currently disabled by default to evaluate performance and quality in WoodChuck.

r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination (enables RTGI, default = 0)
        r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.Denoiser (enables denoising, default = 1)
        r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.SamplesPerPixel (determines samples-per-pixel, default = 1)
        r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.MaxBounces (determines maximum number of diffuse bounces, default = 1)
        r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.EvalSkyLight (determines whether or not SkyLight can be hit with indirect diffuse, default = 0)
        r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.MaxRayDistance (maximum ray distance for diffuse and visibility rays, default = 1.0e27)
        Details: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...8819913010a6c0

Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBear View Post
          For those still playing around with early raytracing stuff in dev-rendering, RTGI has been checked-in! Yay! :

Code:
          Ray tracing global illumination. Currently disabled by default to evaluate performance and quality in WoodChuck.

r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination (enables RTGI, default = 0)
          r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.Denoiser (enables denoising, default = 1)
          r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.SamplesPerPixel (determines samples-per-pixel, default = 1)
          r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.MaxBounces (determines maximum number of diffuse bounces, default = 1)
          r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.EvalSkyLight (determines whether or not SkyLight can be hit with indirect diffuse, default = 0)
          r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination.MaxRayDistance (maximum ray distance for diffuse and visibility rays, default = 1.0e27)
          Details: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...8819913010a6c0

Tommy.
          Awesome! Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

Yeah, RTGI is here with us now ^_^
            The Virtual Photographer, welcome to my world!
            AQP City, Open World Game
            My Artstation: Click me!
            *AQP City Fan page
            *AQP City on Indie DB

Comment

Is the denoiser not operating on RTGI? That looks worse than it did two weeks ago (but at the same time better! yay!)

Comment

Wow finally some fully real time GI! Great news. Do we need a rtx card if we only want to use RTGI? And is Windows 10 mandatory? I really don't want revert back to it, gave me way too much trouble with updates

Comment

If UE4RT remains DXR, it'll definitely require Windows 10, blame Microsoft.

The RTX requirements could change, DXR technically supports most DX12 capable GPUs.

Comment

Going off Windows for RTX seems like a lot of pointless work. You'd have to be nuts to be pre-10 and running an RTX card for gaming.

I'm getting a long list of failures when I try to build ever since the other week. Anyone know what the log.txt thing is about? It's not permissions or dropbox, I think the UE build tool is blocking itself:

https://pastebin.com/KH1nRmx8

Also annoying, I definitely have .NET 4.6.2 installed:

Code:
                    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1179,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2" were not found.
                    Last edited by Antidamage; 02-05-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhosep_Chevarria View Post
                      Yeah, RTGI is here with us now ^_^
                      This is single bounce ?? Please try multi bounce

Comment

How's RTGI's performance compared to VXGI's on similar hardware? VXGI was really hungry but kinda usable for small scale games.

What worries me about RTGI is that next gen consoles might not be powerful enough to support DXR features, considering that the rtx gpu which is expensive as hell can struggle running the features. And how long until most PC gamers (not only the ones with super high end computers) can run it? Doesn't seem like a safe bet for a game to rely on RTGI just yet but I might be wrong.
                        Last edited by SilentAndAsleep; 02-05-2019, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Testing this very early integration of RTGI with different number of bounces with this simple scene (0, 1, 5 and 10). While more bounces, less fps, of course! (I'm happy with 1 bounce for now, GI from skylight will do the job).
                          The Virtual Photographer, welcome to my world!
                          AQP City, Open World Game
                          My Artstation: Click me!
                          *AQP City Fan page
                          *AQP City on Indie DB

Comment

Originally posted by Jhosep_Chevarria View Post
                            Testing this very early integration of RTGI with different number of bounces with this simple scene (0, 1, 5 and 10). While more bounces, less fps, of course! (I'm happy with 1 bounce for now, GI from skylight will do the job).
                            Fps 1-5-10 bounce ? And your card ? Amazing thanks.

Comment

It would be helpful for those posting pictures to also post their specs and fps in the scenes.
                              Stylized Low Poly Environment
                              Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
                              Stylized Low Poly Buildings
                              First Person Horror Template

Comment

why the noise is higher than vray interactive viewport or other render engines ?

Comment

Working...
                                X