Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge visual glitches on interior walls

Hello,

So, Im working on a scene and for some reasons there are really weird glitches on the walls of the apartment. The UV is clean and I cranked up the lightmap settings to 2048. But it doesnt look likes the problem are shadows. I dont know what it is actually. Take a look at the picture and if any one have an idea that would be great. If you need any other information ask away. I need this fixed asap. :|

Thanks for the help!

In your modeling software's UV editor, highlight the surface with texture and surface with glitch.

Comment

I did, and the UVs is perfectly fine, there is no overlapping. I will check again but Im 99% sure.

Comment

I augmented the r.streaming.pool.size to 8000, didnt fix it.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas? Surely I must be missing something?

Comment

I would redraw that wall elevation without any seams and see if that helps!

Comment

Hi!

Do you use lightmap compression?
              ...I don't know what quality you're trying to achieve but 1 lightmap for a whole apartment won't give you nice results... /right now that part above the door gets around 100x100 resolution.../
              Also I'd use full meshes for walls and not planes...

Comment

Originally posted by Makigirl View Post
                Hi!

Do you use lightmap compression?
                ...I don't know what quality you're trying to achieve but 1 lightmap for a whole apartment won't give you nice results... /right now that part above the door gets around 100x100 resolution.../
                Also I'd use full meshes for walls and not planes...
                Thast a good idea I will try to cap bottom and top see if it changes anything. That being Im pretty sure those are not "shadows", but maybe that glitch is on the lightmap channel I dont know. I used one box reflection captures in each rooms. But I think I tried removing all reflection captures and rebuilding but it didnt remove the problem if I remember correctly. I also used light portals in every windows, could this be what it cause that glitch?

Its just a render, optimisation is of no importance.

Comment

Please let us know what you discover!

Comment

Originally posted by landrvr1 View Post
                    Please let us know what you discover!
                    So far I have tried placing the mesh in other scenes. In every other scenes, the weird glitches are gone, but we are having lighting issues even though I did cut the walls in many meshes to increase the lightmap UV space and reduce errors. Its always and only the **** walls that are bugged, nothing else. We are also using huge lightmap, like 2048 but when we look at a bought architectural project on unreal, his lightmaps even on walls were at a meager 64 and it looks great... what the hell?

Comment

Working...
                    X