Issues with lightbuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with lightbuild

I'm having some issues with the lighting.
    It's probably something simple but I've exhausted everything I can think of.
    After build lighting i get pretty bad results. I have attached an image below.
    The roof is just off white and not the greebled mess that it looks like.

Does anyone know what settings are wrong to create these results?

Any input would be awesome..

Thank You
    Last edited by max_mad; 12-02-2018, 10:19 PM.
    I work out of Australia and at present design scaffold systems for large scale commercial projects around Australia, one of my latest project being the Commonwealth Games Village on the Gold Coast, which comprised of 18 apartment buildings for Grocon. I first got 3DSMax at version 4 over 20 years ago, same with AutoCAD, so I guess I'm a vintage user.

Your lightmap UV's are overlapping, if you don't have lightmap UV's set up then you need to make that, if you already have them then check the mesh to make sure that it's set to use the correct UV channel for the lightmap.

Comment

Thank you, I think it did flag that as an issue after the build. I'll go check and redo them, they have to be on channel 2 if they are coming from 3DSMax I believe.
      I work out of Australia and at present design scaffold systems for large scale commercial projects around Australia, one of my latest project being the Commonwealth Games Village on the Gold Coast, which comprised of 18 apartment buildings for Grocon. I first got 3DSMax at version 4 over 20 years ago, same with AutoCAD, so I guess I'm a vintage user.

Comment

By default, UE4 will try to generate new lightmap UV's so you need to turn that off (it does a bad job) and with that off it will assume that the second UV channel is the lightmap. If that doesn't exist it will use the first UV channel.

Comment

Working...
        X