Translucent material FX with the sceneTexture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translucent material FX with the sceneTexture

Hi, I was trying to achieve a local blur effect. Usefull for enhance FX such as impacts, shouts, ...

Using a standard Translucent material and the sceneColor node works fine with opaque objects. However with translucent ones, the effect doesnt work.

I think that the problem is in the SceneColor node, even with separate translucency seems to have no effect on current 4.21. As far as I know the sceneColor node back in previous versions added each traslucent object in render order. In some version this behaviour was changed for optimization purposes.

Even whit this limitation, could be a way of getting the effect right in the current version?
    Last edited by II_ADN_II; 11-29-2018, 04:37 PM.
    Check 3d tips! POLY DNA

You might want to add alpha fade on the edges of your effect, so it'll be not so obvious in quick moments, like explosions etc. Also you should have Render After DOF disabled as well as this effect should have lowest translucency sorting order to be sure that it affects only non translucent geometry and everything else renders after this.

Still, having it work this way is a big bummer. Like why cant I have some checkbox in material property that makes this exact material to work as it was before this "optimization" broke everything to hell...
    Check out my works here: Youtube channel. Project: CityBattle | Virtual Earth

Comment

Is there a way to sample the scene image like refraction does within transparent materials?
      Check 3d tips! POLY DNA

Comment

Working...
      X