New Cinematic Motion Blur Method

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by white_Wings View Post
    Awesome! but I encountered some problems in using your tools.

I downloaded your project file, but when I created my own camera, I couldn't use the blueprint tool to refer to him. Is that my operation problem?
    Double check to be certain that your variable type is correct. Also check if the camera is in a sub-level within the persistent level.

To have direct blueprint communication, using this specific method, the blueprints need to be in the same level.

Let me know if that works!

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpanzee View Post

Double check to be certain that your variable type is correct. Also check if the camera is in a sub-level within the persistent level.

To have direct blueprint communication, using this specific method, the blueprints need to be in the same level.

Let me know if that works!
      Sorry, I haven't checked my camera level. The previous camera was in sequence, but there is a new problem. I use motion blur tool to play motion blur , but sequence rendering sequence has no motion blur . Is there something wrong with it?

Comment

Sorry, I haven't checked my camera level. The previous camera was in sequence, but there is a new problem. I use motion blur tool to play motion blur , but sequence rendering sequence has no motion blur . Is there something wrong with it?

Unfortunately, we cannot utilize sequencer's built in export tool for capturing frames.

What you'll need to do is use the "Export Render Target" function in blueprint. In your blueprint, once your accumulation is finished, export that render target to a EXR or PNG file, then start accumulating the next frame.

Comment

Unfortunately, we cannot utilize sequencer's built in export tool for capturing frames.

What you'll need to do is use the "Export Render Target" function in blueprint. In your blueprint, once your accumulation is finished, export that render target to a EXR or PNG file, then start accumulating the next frame.
          Thank you for your reply,It's a great way to do it, but in making moves and TV shows, we need a very accurate frame count most of the time, and we burn time codes,mirror numbers,etc. on the screen. Using 'Export Render Target' function can't meet out needs

Comment

Thank you for your reply,It's a great way to do it, but in making moves and TV shows, we need a very accurate frame count most of the time, and we burn time codes,mirror numbers,etc. on the screen. Using 'Export Render Target' function can't meet out needs

I agree. Although this system can be built to be fairly accurate, regarding frame timing, a properly built tool which integrated into the sequencer pipeline would be better for everyone.

Blueprints have a new-ish function for using sequencer sub frames as a float value. A divisor of the full frame time. Fundamentally though, it's all the same math.

It wouldn't be all that difficult to script this into sequencer. All the components are built into the engine already, but it's outside of my area of expertise. Someone with some C++ experience could probably figure it out in a week or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Leedo View Post
              I think UE will fix that issue in upcoming version 4.22 check https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...dialMotionBlur
              Does anyone have any idea where to get that M_RadialMotionBlur Material described in this link? The link talks about how to do the radial motion blur using the material, but doesn't explain where to get that material. It's not part of the stock engine content in 4.22, nor is it the part of content examples :/
              https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

I agree. Although this system can be built to be fairly accurate, regarding frame timing, a properly built tool which integrated into the sequencer pipeline would be better for everyone.

Blueprints have a new-ish function for using sequencer sub frames as a float value. A divisor of the full frame time. Fundamentally though, it's all the same math.

It wouldn't be all that difficult to script this into sequencer. All the components are built into the engine already, but it's outside of my area of expertise. Someone with some C++ experience could probably figure it out in a week or less.
                Yes, i think so , and if it's real-time, the frame rates of different lenses will produce different burning effects . Thank you very much for your answer .
                Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post

Does anyone have any idea where to get that M_RadialMotionBlur Material described in this link? The link talks about how to do the radial motion blur using the material, but doesn't explain where to get that material. It's not part of the stock engine content in 4.22, nor is it the part of content examples :/
                  You need to update the content example in Epic Game Launcher to version 4.22, but this method is not a good one. It just looks like motion blurring, not real motion blurring.

Comment

You need to update the content example in Epic Game Launcher to version 4.22, but this method is not a good one. It just looks like motion blurring, not real motion blurring.
                    Thank you very much. I just now found a concept of content pack having variable amount of content depending on the downloaded version
                    https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Working...
                    X