New Cinematic Motion Blur Method

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pottuvoi View Post
    Sounds a lot like old good accumulation buffer, if this is the case one can quite easily use those samples for an additional AA and DoF as well. (Like Gran Turismo series do in photomode.)
    Accumulation Buffer!! That's exactly what it is, but I never had a good term for it. I'm really looking forward to 4.22 dropping to see how the system handles Raytracing samples. I definitely need to look into adding the micro camera jitter. I believe that i could even just use a camera shake component.

Comment

Originally posted by KrasheRXD View Post
      A tutorial on this would be great.
      Sorry the wait has been so long! I'm becoming notorious for that. I just got off a couple of projects at Psyop which were consuming my life. Starting next week I will get to work on a tutorial. I will do everything I can to get it out before the end of the year!
      Last edited by Stimpanzee; 11-29-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Another update which I was unable to post - weighted motion blur! The system now accumulates (thanks Pottuvoi) the frame with a weighted value, which is sampled by an editable curve.

Having the ability to shape the motion blur with a curve gives an artists an enormous amount of control over how the motion blur looks. In the latest example the sparks at the very beginning of the video were replaced with simple circles, simulating real sparks. The weighted arch visual that you see is the affect of the motion blur doing its thing.

Traditionally this particle system uses a shaped particles which changes its direction based on velocity. Now we are no longer emulating the effect, we are capturing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpanzee View Post

Sorry the wait has been so long! I'm becoming notorious for that. I just got off a couple of projects at Psyop which were consuming my life. Starting next week I will get to work on a tutorial. I will do everything I can to get it out before the end of the year!
          That's great

Comment

Hi Stimpanzee,

I have sent you a private message and it would be great if you could reply when you get a chance please. Thanks a lot.

Comment

BTW, that's pretty much what Valve's Source Film Maker does when you render the animations to video files: slow down the replay and accumulate multiple frames together to produce the video at normal speed with motion blur.

Comment

still getting a tutorial on it would be great

Comment

I think UE will fix that issue in upcoming version 4.22 check https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...dialMotionBlur

Comment

Originally posted by Leedo View Post
                    I think UE will fix that issue in upcoming version 4.22 check https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...dialMotionBlur
                    Awesome! Even though it will require a little extra effort to get working, having real time radial blur will be fantastic. One more reason to skip a slow export process!

Edit: Fancy materials FTW!
                    Last edited by Stimpanzee; 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramzorR View Post
                      Hi Stimpanzee,

I have sent you a private message and it would be great if you could reply when you get a chance please. Thanks a lot.
                      I'm going give it another shot this week!

Comment

Originally posted by Manoel.Neto View Post
                        BTW, that's pretty much what Valve's Source Film Maker does when you render the animations to video files: slow down the replay and accumulate multiple frames together to produce the video at normal speed with motion blur.
                        I've never played around with Film Maker. I'll have to give it a look sometime. Maybe borrow a few good ideas. lol

Comment

Alright a little bit of an update. I have a cold which has made it hard to record a pleasant sounding tutorial. For now I would like to make the learning materials available to check out.

You can download a version of the sequencer project with a extremely simple version of the tool here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ua...ew?usp=sharing

The motion blur blueprint records a defied set of subframes with a 360 degree shutter angle. It uses four render targets. The one named "capture" would be the RT you would want to export.

Comment

This is exactly what filmmakers need. I would rather have really good offline renders then real time. I'm new to Unreal, So I am excited to see your upcoming tutorial. And if you made this a Plug-In in the market, I would buy it.

Comment

Working...
                            X