Gradient Doorway Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gradient Doorway Help

I've been trying for hours to make a material for a doorway, fade to black, to give off the impression that it's dark I guess, but I haven't had any luck.

Specifically, I'm wanting to make it look exactly, or very similar to something like this:

If anyone knows how to make something like this within the material editor, please let me know!

It sounds like you want to inlcude this door darkening effect in the door's current material. The darkening part of the effect needs to be unlit to look good, and since you probably want the rest of the door to be lit by sunlight etc, the door material needs to be lit. adding black unlit parts to a lit material is tricky, so I would not recommend adding the darkening in the same material as the door. I suggest using a separate material and mesh decal.
    Last edited by somawheels; 08-22-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

This is a pretty robust way to do it. It is a basically a bunch of stacked planes with a translucent material. The good thing about it, is it is volumetric, so any items in the doorway will also be darkened.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by somawheels; 08-21-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X