Skybox images/Cubemaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skybox images/Cubemaps?

How do you create a skybox that has a terrain in the image?

Where can background images/Cubemaps like these be acquired from?
    Last edited by Delta1; 08-16-2018, 05:39 AM.

https://hdrihaven.com/hdris/category/?c=all
    Artstation
    Join the support channel
    Gumroad Store

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
      Thanks for that but how do I get these into my map and align them correctly?

Additionally, are there any background images/hdris/cubemaps featuring mountains from the free epic stuff on the marketplace?
      Last edited by Delta1; 08-16-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta1 View Post

Thanks for that but how do I get these into my map and align them correctly?

Additionally, are there any background images/hdris/cubemaps featuring mountains from the free epic stuff on the marketplace?
        You import and add it to a sphere. Some of their example contents have similar skies i.e infiltrator demo, vehicle game, etc. but I don't think there is one with mountains on it. Not sure.
        Artstation
        Join the support channel
        Gumroad Store

Comment

You import and add it to a sphere. Some of their example contents have similar skies i.e infiltrator demo, vehicle game, etc. but I don't think there is one with mountains on it. Not sure.
          Is there a tut that you'd recommend anywhere, before I mess this up!

Although I can import the hdri texture straight from hdrihaven into ue4 I can't add them to the skysphere?

How do you do this?
          Last edited by Delta1; 08-16-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta1 View Post

Is there a tut that you'd recommend anywhere, before I mess this up!

Although I can import the hdri texture straight from hdrihaven into ue4 I can't add them to the skysphere?

How do you do this?
            There must be plenty of tutorials if you google UE4 Skydome Tutorial.
            Eitherway I recommend you to start with basic UE4 tutorials in order to become familiar with materials too which is part of the skydome creation process.
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

There must be plenty of tutorials if you google UE4 Skydome Tutorial.
              Eitherway I recommend you to start with basic UE4 tutorials in order to become familiar with materials too which is part of the skydome creation process.
              Trust me I've tried half a dozen and theyre really not straightforward

Comment

http://rag3dviz.com/tutorial/hdri-li...real-engine/2/

Comment

Awesome!

Do you know of any hdri background images from epic that have mountains in them?

I can't seem to access the vehicle game demo, that may have one in?

Comment

Is there an easy way to change the sky texture, I'm trying to use the T_Sky_Non_HDRI texture from vehicle game, but am making a mess of things

Comment

Working...
                    X