Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting foliage evenly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Painting foliage evenly

    Ok I've managed to paint my floor static mesh using the buttercup meshes from the kite demo, but it paints it in clumps, so theres patches of buttercups across my circular floor mesh.

    How do I get it to evenly cover the floormesh with the buttercups so theres no clumping?

    #2
    can anyone help?

    Comment


      #3
      Youd have to open the export the mesh to a program like 3ds Max, then either space the buttercups out a bit more (I'd do it this way) or delete all the buttercups so there is only one left. I think the buttercup meshes will be in a clump in the mesh.
      My Game Frontier Devblog HERE

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Orkney View Post
        Youd have to open the export the mesh to a program like 3ds Max, then either space the buttercups out a bit more (I'd do it this way) or delete all the buttercups so there is only one left. I think the buttercup meshes will be in a clump in the mesh.
        I'm painting it on using the foliage painter tool isnt there a way for it to disperse the meshes evenly?

        Comment


          #5
          Foliage painter is problematic big time. I have only listed two issues in the thread below. That depends on if Epic falls into agreement though.
          https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-improvements
          Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 07-13-2018, 05:56 PM.
          Artstation
          Join the support channel
          Gumroad Store

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
            Foliage painter is problematic big time. I have only listed two issues in the thread below. That depends on if Epic falls into agreement though.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...e-improvements
            id agree with that

            Comment


              #7
              If I remember correctly, the mesh itself consists of a clump of buttercups, not just one per mesh. So even if it does distribute the meshes evenly, you will have clumps, since one mesh is a clump.
              Orkney's solution would work to remedy this. You can also use the "single instance mode" of the foliage painter to put down just one mesh at a time, in a specific spot.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Pixelpirates View Post
                If I remember correctly, the mesh itself consists of a clump of buttercups, not just one per mesh. So even if it does distribute the meshes evenly, you will have clumps, since one mesh is a clump.
                Orkney's solution would work to remedy this. You can also use the "single instance mode" of the foliage painter to put down just one mesh at a time, in a specific spot.
                By clumps he's referring to the instance placement, not the mesh shape itself.

                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post

                  By clumps he's referring to the instance placement, not the mesh shape itself.

                  Yep that's what I mean.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X