Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why transparency didn't have roughness and AO ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why transparency didn't have roughness and AO ?

i never touch Opacity before, so i need to learn some basics of it.

let say i want to make opaque creature, but transparency material disable some PBR part of texture.

i am confused, how to make realistic transparency creature without PBR ?

Iron Gear Factory : the creator of sci fi gadgets (under contruction).

follow our blogspot :
    irongearfactory.blogspot.com

When we talk about PBR we are talking about how the light behaves when it hits a surface. So with that said, each type of material has properties which make them different when dealing with light incidence, so saying a material is PBR is correctly saying it behaves physically right when light hits its surface.

So basically this is why in the material settings you have choices for:

Material Domain: Surface, Decal, Volume, etc (groups by material attributes)
    Blend Mode: Opaque, Masked, Translucent, etc (defines how material color blends with background colors)
    Shading Model: Lit, Unlit, Subsurface, Eye, Hair, etc (defines how the inputs are combined to generate the material output)

Thinking on this, it is weird think of glass or water as a opaque material, because these elements have a way to modify the light trajectory not found in a opaque element like wood or steel... Just as a guide I have made a video long time ago for someone, explaining how to basically create glass, which is transparent, it is not a definitive guide on how to do it, but it is enough to understand opacity. Take a look: https://youtu.be/KQinXCxLOkQ
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Art is a state of Spirit

Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/QJUb5Wk
    UE4 Marketplace:
    Cloudscape Seasons

Comment

Working...
    X