Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volumetric Lightmap Density Volume works backwards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Lightmap Density Volume works backwards...

Hello!

I've posted my question in the answer hub here https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ty-volume.html

But just in case, I've decided to ask on forums too.

So, my issues is - Volumetric Lightmap Density Volume, instead of concentrating samples in a specified area, does the opposite - it scatters samples everywhere randomly, and not where they are supposed to be. More so, it leaves the area withing its bounds empty, with no samples at all!
    Because of that, I can't illuminate my movable objects properly, unless I set Volumeteric Lightmap Detail Cell Size to something stupid like 20.
    You can check some screenshots if you click on the link above.

I thought maybe it has something to do with the fact that I migrated my project from 4.16 to 4.19. So I created a new project in 4.19 and tried placing Volumetric Lightmap Density Volume in 3rd person example map. And the result still the same - it clears out samples within its bounds

Comment

So... Anyone?
      No one has any ideas whatsoever?

Comment

I'm having this too! It's very clearly got things exactly backwards. What the heck.
        Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
        Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
        |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Tooltip says that allowed range [0,0] will force highest density. works for me.

Comment

Maybe you should read the Tooltip/ Description?
            It clearly says it changes the Mip Settings of the Volumetric Lightmap.

Comment

I don't want to force highest density, I want the grid denser where there's objects and the opposite of that is happening. So in a building, sparse samples, and in the sky, dense samples.
              Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
              Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
              |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Having the same issue at the moment where I am looking for a way to force more lightmap samples around dynamic objects? Is that doable in 4.23?

Comment

Have you guys figured this out ?

Comment

Originally posted by noicevstime View Post
                    Having the same issue at the moment where I am looking for a way to force more lightmap samples around dynamic objects? Is that doable in 4.23?
                    Did you figured out how to add more lightmap detail to dynamic objects ?

Comment

Working...
                    X