Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Static lighting - what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static lighting - what am I doing wrong?

Hello, so I downloaded this guy from the learn tab of the Epic Launcher cause I wanted to tinker around with it and find out how to make better static lighting.

So I started fooling around with it, seeing what they do with Lightmap resolution on their meshes, what they do with post processing, how they set up the directional light etc. etc. So I removed some things from the room and added a few of my own props. That's really all I did, was just add my own props. So once I moved a couple things around I rebuilt the lighting and I got this ****.

Dots. I don't even... dots.

The shadow being cast by that light fixture looks like low res baloney. (also I forgot to take it out of game view when I made the screen shots, but there's a point light where that light bulb is.)

The side of the table looks like ****, also it's hard to see from this angle but the backs of the chairs also look dumb.

So how did I eff this up so badly? All I did was move props around, didn't touch none of the setting for any of lights, the lightmass volume thingy or nothin. Why did this happen?

Are your build settings lighting quality set to production?

Comment

Originally posted by jtripDog View Post
      Are your build settings lighting quality set to production?
      Oh ****, nope it wasn't. I'm literally the dumbest person

Comment

Working...
      X