X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by remozseo View Post
    How to install it?

Can't find any tutorial or guide that shows how I have to install it?
    Thx for any little help!

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
    GPU Lightmass 4.24.1

Binaries download

Source code

I used this that Pax Invictus made. Readme on how to install is in there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seeing a lot of people talk about editing this setting in the lightmass.ini file to remove firelfies in my scene, but i can't find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

FireflyClampingThreshold=10.0 ----> FireflyClampingThreshold=1.0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Metathesus , trouble is I don't have 'cuda' anywhere, not even under ' 3D', anyone know why ? I have latest nvidia and I don't recall seeing anywhere I needed to download cuda sdk as I have no intention to DEV with it,,or Do I need to to have CUDA show up ? If so, I guess that would explain my lowly 5% max usage of GPU , maybe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a recent experiment. I have compiled UE4.24 from original 4.24 source (with all last fixes)
    I've replaced file provided here, the binaries ones and GPU lightmass is working well
    The only things is that the gpulightmass windows doesn't appears when building lights but it's not a problem for me, you can follow the swarm agent and the GPU (cuda) usage in taskmanager.

Thanks to all for your hard work to provide this GPU lightmass

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having the same problem as someone else
    Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
    Yes, and I see nearly NO GPU use, MAX so far I've seen is 5%>GTX 9502gb, yes I know I need to upgrade but my i5-3570 is hanging.
    I also can't FIND the 'uninstall' location to get rid of it,,again, anyone know where it is/how to manually do it if need be ?

Thx
    I'm having the same problem, around 5% GPU usage with 4.24.1. Worked well before. Any fix for this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BernhardRieder View Post
    Just downloaded and installed - thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a tutorial that would explain how I can control the quality of the lightmass?
    Is there any guide how to do that?

One more question:
    Can I actually use Ray Tracing for the GI, Reflections, AO and Translucency while using the GPU-Lightmass bake?

Thank you so much - this is fantastic!
    Yes you can use Ray Tracing, since it´s just a postprocess effect!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Last night I tried baking lighting over my mesh terrain ( ~10km^2 ) with GPU Lightmass - failed miserably UE4 froze at 8%, but Swarm ran all the way through and completed whatever it was doing. I am on i7-7700, 32Gb of RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb. What would be the reason for the failure ? Did I run out of VRAM?

My terrain is modular, so I am thinking of putting chunks into different streaming levels, each containing its own Lightmass Importance Volume and baking it one level at a time. If that fails, I'd have to go back to CPU Lightmass just for this terrain level (I baked huge outdoor levels with CPU Lightmass in the past - took a long time, but ultimately did the job without failing).

What do you think folks ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by remozseo View Post
    How to install it?

Thx for any little help!
    From page105 it seems the answer is:
    " The safest way to revert back to the standard CPU Lightmass is to open the Epic Games Launcher and click on the Verify button under the engine version.
    ""

Best
    Last edited by neighborlee; 01-14-2020, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How to install it?

Thx for any little help!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just downloaded and installed - thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a tutorial that would explain how I can control the quality of the lightmass?
    Is there any guide how to do that?

One more question:
    Can I actually use Ray Tracing for the GI, Reflections, AO and Translucency while using the GPU-Lightmass bake?

Thank you so much - this is fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys! Does anybody know why after my GPU Lightmass bake I don't have proper volumetric lightmap? Probes are just black... I'm using spotlight and emissive light in the scene.. Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HM ok thx on reverting, I misread it earlier, and to cuda,don't have it anywhere, I thought it was built-in to nvidia driver, thought Id seen someone on forum also mention that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
    Yes, and I see nearly NO GPU use, MAX so far I've seen is 5%>GTX 9502gb, yes I know I need to upgrade but my i5-3570 is hanging.
    I also can't FIND the 'uninstall' location to get rid of it,,again, anyone know where it is/how to manually do it if need be ?

Thx
    To see the gpu usage, you need to select "cuda" in the dropdown menu on one of the gpu graphs in task manager/performance.

To uninstall gpu lightmass, from the readme:

" Reverting to CPU Lightmass

The safest way to revert back to the standard CPU Lightmass is to open the Epic Games Launcher and click on the Verify button under the engine version.
    "

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any one tried already 4.24.1 version?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X