Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Avi Aggarwal View Post
    I am having a problem when I build lights. It is giving me an error "Invalid device symbol". I am attaching a screenshot of my problem. Please help.
    hi
    i have same problem
    you find The right solution ؟؟

    Comment


      Originally posted by 3darchstuffs
      Where to get GPU LIGHTMASS for UE4.24 Preview 01
      could you help me for 4.24 gpu lightmass?i cant find it

      Comment


        Originally posted by studiobeyaz View Post
        could you help me for 4.24 gpu lightmass?i cant find it
        It's not available yet.
        Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
        Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

        Comment


          Originally posted by Sumsion3D View Post
          .
          Is there a way to loosely estimate how much GPU RAM will be consumed based upon the settings used?
          .
          Code:
          [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
          NumPrimaryGISamples=128
          NumSecondaryGISamples=64
          FireflyClampingThreshold=10000.0
          .
          ... got up to "Importing suface cache 448/4397" ... barely more than 10% of that stage and it ran out of GPU RAM .... which is 8GB on-card, and +8GB shared from Sys RAM ... so even +/-16GB wasn't enough (this suggests that a dual Quadro RTX 8000 wouldn't be enough GPU RAM -- assuming Swarm could pool mem across NVLINK) ... is it a simple linear'esque estimation ... so if I half the GI Samples, I would consume about 1/2 the mem? ... or is it more exotic than that?
          .
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191113-231238@0.5x.jpg
Views:	1973
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	1686864
          ... bumping for help ...

          Comment


            Being that this is reliant on the GPU, and the typical archviz level already has a bunch of assets resident in GPU memory, is it possible to build lighting without loading the level, or at least unloading the level and its assets before the build occurs?
            George Rolfe.
            Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

            Comment


              Originally posted by duke22 View Post
              Being that this is reliant on the GPU, and the typical archviz level already has a bunch of assets resident in GPU memory, is it possible to build lighting without loading the level, or at least unloading the level and its assets before the build occurs?
              as stated by the OP:

              You can use command line to launch the editor and bake lighting to save GPU resources for GPULightmass, especially video memory.
              • Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap
              • Remember to replace Content with Game in the umap path
              Technology Officer
              Magma3D

              Comment


                Lightmass Configurator updated for Unreal Engine 4.23 and 4.23.1
                Technology Officer
                Magma3D

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Situx View Post

                  as stated by the OP:

                  You can use command line to launch the editor and bake lighting to save GPU resources for GPULightmass, especially video memory.
                  • Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap
                  • Remember to replace Content with Game in the umap path
                  But that doesn't work for levels with sublevels. It builds but doesn't save the sublevels.
                  Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                  Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RVillani View Post

                    But that doesn't work for levels with sublevels. It builds but doesn't save the sublevels.
                    Did you set your levels visible, set to lighting scenarios, and blueprint only when saving and closing the project. I have at least two light streaming levels on mine, day and night, and they seem to build just fine.
                    Technology Officer
                    Magma3D

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Situx View Post
                      Lightmass Configurator updated for Unreal Engine 4.23 and 4.23.1
                      Where can I find the 2.23 lightmass version to download?
                      Eldridge Felder

                      Animation/Visualization Manager
                      WorthGroup Architects

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Teriander View Post

                        Where can I find the 2.23 lightmass version to download?
                        Link is a few pages back, no more than 3.. have you looked there yet?

                        I suggest starting with the OP, and you'll find a link to the installer script.
                        Technology Officer
                        Magma3D

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Situx View Post
                          Lightmass Configurator updated for Unreal Engine 4.23 and 4.23.1
                          tks Situx !!!

                          Comment


                            please support out of core technology

                            Comment


                              hello guys can any one please put a link for 4.23.1 the drop box link is not working ,, how to install it please?

                              Comment


                                Hi all , my GPU utilisation is quite low averaging around 8%. Is this normal ?

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	fdsafdsafdasaa.png
Views:	924
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1691598


                                And thanks for the awesome tool, been getting some good results so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X