X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello guys i have this error when i building light in 4.23.1

can you help me please >>

LightingResults: Error: <None> === Lightmass crashed: ===
    Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:C:\UE4\GPULM-src\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 614]
    Array index out of bounds: 43661 from an array of size 43661
    0x00007ffad6e2a839 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffa69831347 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffa69834107 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffa69682aba UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffa69627a17 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffa69628250 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b8112e8 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b74e3f6 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b757363 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b7acf59 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b75c422 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b78639d UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b7a5ac9 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff79b80dae8 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffad78e7bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ffad988ced1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
    Last edited by sawas1989; 11-07-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
      That said, I suspect there were changes to code that ends up in UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll in 4.23.1, that were unrelated to lightmass, so I don't have high hopes that a straight copy of 4.23.0 source files over to the OVR fork would work.
      Nope, I diff'ed relevant files (from your cherry-pick commit) and there is no difference between 4.23.0 and 4.23.1

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

You are probably using the latest version of the script, which is configured by default to 4.22, while your installation is 4.21. For the script to work with it, you need to manually edit (notepad will do)( and change the UnrealVersion = 4.22 to 4.21
        I have the same problem. how exactly to do it? can you explain for the dummies? :/ this is my first installation
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post

It should work. Minor version releases shouldn't break anything.
          thanks, didnt know the small version doesnt matter, giving it a try

Comment

Help?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	497
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1684575
            behance.net/fael097

Comment

Originally posted by kOkOaHUT View Post

Could you please elaborate on how do I "add the path" to the "build setting for UnrealLightmass"? Is it adding a line after ...
              You do not need to modify the source. Open the solution in VS, right click on the UnrealLightmass project. Under VC++ Directories add the path to GPULightmassKernel.lib to Library Directories.

Originally posted by leoletsrock View Post

Can I use this for 4.23.1? 4.23.0 is no longer available for download
              Not sure what you mean? Binaries for both 4.23 and 4.23.1 are in the same Dropbox folder.

Originally posted by ZacD View Post

It should work. Minor version releases shouldn't break anything.
              While this can be true occasionally, I don't believe it is something you can rely upon.

Originally posted by Great ATuin View Post
              Hey pax invictus Wanted to say thank you for keeping this alive and running.
              I appreciate that, thanks! That said, I hope everyone here keeps in mind that the person who really deserves praise is YujiangW who is the author of GPU Lightmass.
              Originally posted by fael097 View Post
              Help?
              This was probably my fault, since I move the binaries from the older versions to a separate folder in the dropbox. I copied the 4.23.0 binaries back to their original place, so the script should (?) work now for 4.23.0. I'm not seeing the path to the latest binary added to the script, though, so If you're on 4.23.1 it might not work. In that case you might want to install it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by sawas1989 View Post
                hello guys i have this error when i building light in 4.23.1

can you help me please >>

LightingResults: Error: <None> === Lightmass crashed: ===
                Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:C:\UE4\GPULM-src\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 614]
                Array index out of bounds: 43661 from an array of size 43661
                0x00007ffad6e2a839 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffa69831347 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffa69834107 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffa69682aba UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffa69627a17 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffa69628250 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b8112e8 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b74e3f6 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b757363 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b7acf59 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b75c422 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b78639d UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b7a5ac9 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff79b80dae8 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffad78e7bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffad988ced1 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
                I have the same problem, it happens when I try to bake a second time.

Comment

I am at total loss with all of the changes. I had this working once, before Luoshoang went to Epic. I am really interested in this promising approach. I am on 4.23.1, and would like to get GPULightmass working. What are the start-from-scratch steps (if I have already had this working once before on older versions of the engine) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sumsion3D View Post
                    I am at total loss with all of the changes. I had this working once, before Luoshoang went to Epic. I am really interested in this promising approach. I am on 4.23.1, and would like to get GPULightmass working. What are the start-from-scratch steps (if I have already had this working once before on older versions of the engine) ?
                    - Download the .zip file for 4.23.1 from here:
                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...npYezFena?dl=0

- Copy the "Engine" folder to your install directory and overwrite

- Open Engine/Config/Baselightmass.ini to change the quality - the values at the bottom are the ones you need to change.
                    I have mine set to 128, 64 and 10 000, which is pretty high - still figuring out what values produce the best result.

Also, make sure you select "production" build quality in the editor. Any other setting will just act as a bottleneck, if I've understood correctly.

Comment

Where to get GPU LIGHTMASS for UE4.24 Preview 01
                      CHECK OUT:- Visit https://3darchstuffs.com/ for Unreal arch-viz tutorials, Unreal Demo EXE and Unreal projects with source files.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...X3Sm2Z9NXEHFV9

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm using UE 4.20.3 with GPULightmass "standard"(4.20.2). Not the Unified Settings, because for my project, the first one works better.

I would like to switch for new release of UE4. 4.23.1 or maybe the 4.24 that will be released in few days/weeks, and I need the great GPUlightmass for my project.

Then, where I can find a GPULightmass that will be works for the new UE4 release ?

Another thing : I dont remember if I use Extreme or ultra hight settings, how I could check this ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Bjørshol View Post

- Open Engine/Config/Baselightmass.ini to change the quality - the values at the bottom are the ones you need to change.
                          I have mine set to 128, 64 and 10 000, which is pretty high - still figuring out what values produce the best result.

Also, make sure you select "production" build quality in the editor. Any other setting will just act as a bottleneck, if I've understood correctly.

Hi Andreas,

Didn't see your post yesterday when I written mine about a GPUlightmass compatibility with 4.23 or above.
                          I see that Luoshuand didn't update his thread since several month, where do this release come from ?

Comment

Originally posted by andreas bjørshol View Post

- download the .zip file for 4.23.1 from here:
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...npyezfena?dl=0

- copy the "engine" folder to your install directory and overwrite

- open engine/config/baselightmass.ini to change the quality - the values at the bottom are the ones you need to change.

Also, make sure you select "production" build quality in the editor. Any other setting will just act as a bottleneck, if i've understood correctly.

thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Bjørshol View Post

Is there a way to loosely estimate how much GPU RAM will be consumed based upon the settings used?
                              Code:
                              [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
                              NumPrimaryGISamples=128
                              NumSecondaryGISamples=64
                              FireflyClampingThreshold=10000.0
                              ... got up to "Importing suface cache 448/4397" ... barely more than 10% of that stage and it ran out of GPU RAM .... which is 8GB on-card, and +8GB shared from Sys RAM ... so even +/-16GB wasn't enough (this suggests that a dual Quadro RTX 8000 wouldn't be enough GPU RAM -- assuming Swarm could pool mem across NVLINK) ... is it a simple linear'esque estimation ... so if I half the GI Samples, I would consume about 1/2 the mem? ... or is it more exotic than that?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191113-231238@0.5x.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	1686864

Comment

Originally posted by Avi Aggarwal View Post
                                I am having a problem when I build lights. It is giving me an error "Invalid device symbol". I am attaching a screenshot of my problem. Please help.
                                hi
                                i have same problem
                                you find The right solution ؟؟

Comment

Working...
                                X