Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

If you're not building Unreal Engine from source - you don't need that folder. Even if you are, unless you want to build from source using my GPU Lightmass fork - ignore that folder. If you don't know what building from source is or what fork I'm referring to - you don't need that folder.

Everything you need is in the zip file.
    Oh! Thank you! And last question. Do I have to do something in order to bake the Landscape? Everything bakes perfect but it.

EDIT:

SOLVED Was another issue related to another thing. Sorry!
    Last edited by Holygan; 09-27-2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xaviprz View Post

Where can i find the dispetcher?
      I meant windows task manager, sorry

Comment

Hello there! I`m having long times with 4.,25 GPU, i have a RTX 2080 TI but have 80 hours of time

Comment

Originally posted by xaviprz View Post
          Hello there! I`m having long times with 4.,25 GPU, i have a RTX 2080 TI but have 80 hours of time
          I try to build the light on command line: but have this message

[2019.09.29-20.37.22:248][ 0]LogVSAccessor: Display: Unable to create Visual Studio setup instance: 80040154
          [2019.09.29-20.37.22:249][ 0]LogVSAccessor: Display: Unable to create Visual Studio setup instance: 80040154

Any ideas how to fix it?
          Last edited by xaviprz; 09-29-2019, 11:19 PM. Reason: EDIT (FIXED): I`ve installed visual studio 2017 comunity and it work!

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm using Version4.23 with GPU4.23, but I have a concern and I want to ask people with experience in this program that is this normal for me when I build?

When I build the project until 5-10 times no problem and builds fast, but when I Import other things and try to build again goes very very slowly.

Is the problem of having too many objects or something else?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
              Updated for UE 4.23.0-release.

Binaries (still the same link):
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...Fena?dl=0&lst=

GPU Lightmass integration source code rebased onto 4.23.0-release:
              https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...4.23.0-release
              pax invictus , it is possible to use these files with the installer for GPULightmass created by Situx?

Comment

Originally posted by eduardo30 View Post

pax invictus , it is possible to use these files with the installer for GPULightmass created by Situx?
                You'll have to ask Situx about that.

Comment

i use U4.22. Someone show me how to fix "LightmassConfiguration.bat" for prev version. I try but it not working. Many thanks

Comment

Where can i find the source installation for 4.21.1? I've built the version with VXGI 2.0 and i would add the nice features of the GPU lightmass for this version.
                    I've tried to download it from the main page but it says it's an invalid URL page. How can I do? Thanks

Comment

Hello! I've noticed that the radiosity pass takes longer on an RTX 2080Ti than an GTX 1080. Everything else works great!

Comment

Is there any way to change Lightmass Parameters like StaticLevelScale? I wanna Decrease this value but I when i change it to 0.2 , I cant see any changes !!!
                        until i found this note that luoshuang said in his first post :

Lightmass parameters and quality settings specified in the editor are ignored except for Num Indirect Lighting Bounces

So How We can Change the Lightmass parameter to increase the lightmass quality ?!

Thank you

Comment

Hello, for a large amount of time I can not deal with the problem of baking. On versions of the engine 4.20 and higher, noise appears. For example, I’m applying two pictures with identical scenes and Lightmass settings in versions 4.19 and 4.23. Please help me configure the Lightmass GPU on version 4.23 so that the baking looks like 4.19! Thank!

Comment

I think there are some problem with foliage.
                            Even if my foliage has "cast static shadows" disabled, they are taken into account by the lightmap system.
                            Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alessiana View Post
                              Even if my foliage has "cast static shadows" disabled, they are taken into account by the lightmap system.

Thanks
                              I have the same problem but I don't think gpu lightmass has something to do with it.
                              My current scene has lots (and lots) of foliage and even though I've disabled static shadows for them, and I've overriden their lightmap value to a low one (like 4) it crashes when baking (even when using cpu baking)...so I have to delete all the foliage, bake, then reapply the foliage...it's annoying, and I'm wondering if there's a way to "disable/deactivate" foliage when baking (or maybe I'm missing something).
                              Maybe it's a limitation of the engine...

Comment

Originally posted by Alessiana View Post

Thanks
                                I'm always uses the foliage with moveable option. Other way, always looks awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X