Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Alessiana View Post
    I think there are some problem with foliage.
    Even if my foliage has "cast static shadows" disabled, they are taken into account by the lightmap system.
    Anyone with the same problem?

    Thanks
    I'm always uses the foliage with moveable option. Other way, always looks awful.

    Comment


      Finally got 4.23.0 with Oculus integration built and running. Now thinking of integrating GPU Lightmass, but I remembered people were complaining about some issues that prevented them creating shipping builds.

      What was the issue and how did you resolve it ? (and copying DLLs around wouldn't help me at all)

      Comment


        Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        Finally got 4.23.0 with Oculus integration built and running. Now thinking of integrating GPU Lightmass, but I remembered people were complaining about some issues that prevented them creating shipping builds.

        What was the issue and how did you resolve it ? (and copying DLLs around wouldn't help me at all)
        There shouldn't be packaging issues anymore:

        Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

        I have just updated the binaries after Yujiang identified the problem.
        Packaging should now be working correctly.
        You would need to download the updated binaries from the same link as before, and apply them.
        Let me know if the problem is still present after updating. Otherwise, send thanks to Yujiang!

        Comment


          motorsep and pax invictus
          The issue was that builds were created fine but crashed immediately on mobile. Black screen, three blinking dots and crash.
          I'm looking for the same combo; 4.23 Oculus build + GPU lightmass. Haven't succeeded yet.
          I tried it with Pax's binaries for 4.23 and UE failed to start. Thiugh, these binaries were from a month ago so maybe its fixed now. Will test later
          Edit; just downloaded the latest binary (9/17) and dropped it in the 4.23 O-VR directory. The Editor won't start - just this error (see pic)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by maxbrown; 10-11-2019, 02:34 AM.

          Comment


            HI!! this is how it works with 4.23 thanks to@sgeraldes https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration when it downloads get me an error that say that can not find GPULightmass-UE4.23.0-release.zip but you can downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut....0-release.zip an put it first to the same Lightmass master folder configurator and then run the bat

            Comment


              Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
              motorsep and pax invictus
              The issue was that builds were created fine but crashed immediately on mobile. Black screen, three blinking dots and crash.
              I'm looking for the same combo; 4.23 Oculus build + GPU lightmass. Haven't succeeded yet.
              I tried it with Pax's binaries for 4.23 and UE failed to start. Thiugh, these binaries were from a month ago so maybe its fixed now. Will test later
              Edit; just downloaded the latest binary (9/17) and dropped it in the 4.23 O-VR directory. The Editor won't start - just this error (see pic)
              You should not expect that the binaries will work with anything but the exact same version they were built against. They will not work on the Oculus fork.
              If you want to use GPU Lightmass with the Oculus fork, you'll need to cherry-pick the last few commits from my fork and then rebuild the OVR fork.

              Comment


                Pax Still on my todo list. Lacking time at the moment

                Comment


                  Hi all,

                  Loving GPULightmass so far, it's great and unbelievably powerful if you are careful with it.

                  Is it at all possible to decide what GPU to bake with?

                  I ask because I have a 2080 for TRX purposes and a 1060 that's pretty useless, I know GPULM doesn't support multi GPU/SLI or out of core stuff but is it at all possible to point it towards GPU1 or GPU0?

                  I guess the only other option is to plug my monitors into the 1060 and use that for general purpose work in 3Ds Max but the RTX would suffer in UE4 surely?

                  Many thanks.
                  Modeller and many other things at Visualisation One

                  Comment


                    I'm having a problem with Gpulightmass in Unreal 4.22.3. When light enters trough windows, this black shadows appears all along the walls, creating this extrange effect and not so goos. Sometimes this not append at the begining but after few renders it appears. Any suggestion?

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                      Hi,all.
                      I use this tool bake light, but hava some problem, 2 mesh have same materials, but the lightmass calculate the different color

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by samdax View Post
                        I'm having a problem with Gpulightmass in Unreal 4.22.3. When light enters trough windows, this black shadows appears all along the walls, creating this extrange effect and not so goos. Sometimes this not append at the begining but after few renders it appears. Any suggestion?

                        Thanks!
                        I think some people suggested to set brighter color than black in Skylight settings / Lower Hemisphere Color... Or maybe using HDR image instead of Capturing the Scene.

                        Originally posted by CG_VR View Post
                        Hi,all.
                        I use this tool bake light, but hava some problem, 2 mesh have same materials, but the lightmass calculate the different color
                        This can happen when you have 2 separated meshes with the same material. This was bigger problem for me using default CPU lightmass, anyway the solution should be to merge two meshes and have it as 1 mesh (1 lightmap). Lights and shadows can be calculated little bit differently on every piece of mesh depending on light position/angle/intensity at the location of a mesh placement.
                        If you have one mesh (one lightmap UV), you should get smooth transition from bright to dark color. In case of more meshes placed next to each other, you could get what you have. That's why I'm usually trying to separate meshes only in corners or places, where this is not so noticeable. Hope this helps.

                        Comment


                          Curious about lighting which as we all know is an exhaustive topic - atm I'm usingLightPropagationVolume which I understand is no longer being udpded although using it my scene look nice though not everywhere ( I get areas that are far too bright looking far from realistic ) ,and wondering should I indeed throw this out given current status and go with luo's offering till I can get a serious card for ray-tracing whenever that's ready ?

                          Atm have 2x2 5101 ( atm) world comp w/lots of playable areas, with DL and LPV atm,,reading alot, watching vids but its so hard to get something that showcases ones work worthy of vision.

                          Thx
                          Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                          https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

                            This error can be related to overclocking. Some non-founder version NV cards (like my ASUS GTX1080) run into this error frequently. I solved the problem on my card by applying a -200MHz shift.

                            Hi, how are you, the same problem happens to me too, you say you changed to 200MHz, how do I do that?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by x0xcoldx0x View Post
                              Hi, how are you, the same problem happens to me too, you say you changed to 200MHz, how do I do that?
                              Underclock the gpu, there are many ways to do that.


                              Can we expect 4.23.1 binaries any time soon?
                              Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
                              Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

                              Comment


                                Hi,

                                I'm an absolute noob when it comes to coding. So I really don't know what to do. I've merged the folders and restarted UE. When I press build after a moment the first photo pops up. If I ignore it the second comes and then just stops building. If I select retry on the first photo i don't see the second error, and swarm agent reports that the "lightmass starting" grey block just continues to load indefinitely

                                Up to date NVIDIA studio driver (431.86). Swarm cache has been cleared multiple times too.

                                Any help is much appreciated.


                                EDIT** it appears to be working as intended now after a shut down overnight. WIll leave this post up though in case anyone else runs into it.
                                Last edited by DoodleStudio; 10-24-2019, 08:02 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X