X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ihisam72 View Post
    for people who need to see difference between cpulightmass and gpulightmass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_IQRPOLfGI
    Lighting looks completely different, did the directional light change? Great video btw.

Comment

What does GPULightmass NOT support compare to CPULightmass ?

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
        I managed to port GPU Lightmass to 4.23.0-preview-6. Here's the download for the binary engine integration:
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...npYezFena?dl=0

And here's my UE4 fork with GPU Lightmass cherry-picked from Yujiang's code on top of 4.23:
        https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-6

Hope you guys find it helpful!
        Updated for UE4.23.0-preview-7. Binaries download link is the same.
        Source branch: https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-7

Comment

Great news! Is there any way you can provide a patch so that people can integrate it into their source UE4 builds (for example I am using Oculus fork of UE4 and I could use patch instead of weeding out changes from the entire stock UE4 and implementing them into Oculus fork of UE4) ?

Comment

out of core is support ? i think not support. 4 light support. Ohooo gpulightmass not forwarding.This is not even baby step.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Great news! Is there any way you can provide a patch so that people can integrate it into their source UE4 builds (for example I am using Oculus fork of UE4 and I could use patch instead of weeding out changes from the entire stock UE4 and implementing them into Oculus fork of UE4) ?
              If you look at the commit log, you'll notice that the only difference from the original EpicGames source are the last three commits, which I simply cherry-picked from Yujiang's fork (with some merge conflicts resolved, obviously). You could do the same for the OculusVR fork.
              Last edited by pax invictus; 08-21-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm not sure what am I doing wrong. Tried all settings already and the result is still the same. 4.22.3, gtx 1070. Just applied 4.22 version onto mine, then replaces StaticLightingProductionQuality in baselightmass with lines:

NumShadowRaysScale=32
                NumPenumbraShadowRaysScale=64
                ApproximateHighResTexelsPerMaxTransitionDistanceScale=9
                MinDistanceFieldUpsampleFactor=7
                NumHemisphereSamplesScale=100
                NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=6
                NumDirectPhotonsScale=32
                ; Decrease direct photon search distance so that we will have more accurate shadow transitions. This requires a higher density of direct photons.
                DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.5
                NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=32
                ; Need a lot of indirect photons since we have increased the number of first bounce photons to use for final gathering with NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale
                NumIndirectPhotonsScale=64
                NumIndirectIrradiancePhotonsScale=32
                ; Decreasing the record radius results in more records, which increases quality
                RecordRadiusScaleScale=.45
                InterpolationMaxAngleScale=.75
                IrradianceCacheSmoothFactor=.75
                NumAdaptiveRefinementLevels=3
                AdaptiveBrightnessThresholdScale=.25
                AdaptiveFirstBouncePhotonConeAngleScale=2.5
                AdaptiveSkyVarianceThresholdScale=.5

Sorry if I'm repeating this problem, thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Why is my GPU usage remains 16% when Im using GPU lightmass bake? While CPU is 3X% and higher?

Also my memories usage most of the time remain 75-95%, and when memories drop to 50% the cpu usage will go up to 40-50%, does it mean my PC memories is relatively low that holding the CPU back in the rendering process?

Thanks again for those who script such a powerful GPU baking tool!

Thanks
                  Leo
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLaLBoy View Post
                    Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm not sure what am I doing wrong. Tried all settings already and the result is still the same. 4.22.3, gtx 1070. Just applied 4.22 version onto mine, then replaces StaticLightingProductionQuality in baselightmass with lines:

Sorry if I'm repeating this problem, thanks in advance!
                    If you had read the first page before installing it, you'd have seen:
                    Lightmass parameters and quality settings specified in the editor are ignored except for Num Indirect Lighting Bounces
                    • Current the number of samples (quality settings) is hardcoded in the program and you cannot change it since I haven't found an reliable way to expose them to the user
                    This extends to a lot of the lightmass settings in baselightmass I believe.

Adjust
                    [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
                    NumPrimaryGISamples=32
                    NumSecondaryGISamples=16

In the bottom of BaseLightmass, which you might have gotten rid of accidentally if you copied it in from a different project/engine version.
                    You can use https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration/ to make tweaking that a bit more practical, since you can just hop between quality presets between bakes easily with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ax448 View Post

If you had read the first page before installing it, you'd have seen:

This extends to a lot of the lightmass settings in baselightmass I believe.

Adjust
                      [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
                      NumPrimaryGISamples=32
                      NumSecondaryGISamples=16

In the bottom of BaseLightmass, which you might have gotten rid of accidentally if you copied it in from a different project/engine version.
                      You can use https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration/ to make tweaking that a bit more practical, since you can just hop between quality presets between bakes easily with it.
                      Thanks for the response! But I believe you're talking about these lines? I've had them in the tested results

I'll try that link, thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLaLBoy View Post

Thanks for the response! But I believe you're talking about these lines? I've had them in the tested results

I'll try that link, thank you again!
                        Yes, correct. Those pretty much align with a 'low/medium quality' preset, there.
                        Bumping them up a decent bit, like with the LightmassConfigurator should give more samples and smooth out the final result a lot.
                        Bumping it up to 64/16 or 128/32 would give you a high/very high quality setting, pretty much.

Comment

Hi all did anyone encountered with this error?

<None> === Lightmass crashed: ===
                          Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:c:\ue4-gpulightmassintegration\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 611]
                          Array index out of bounds: 8406332 from an array of size 8406332

0x00007ffc392ba839 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffbd3baed47 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffbd3bb16d7 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffbd3a4234a UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffbd39cd699 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffbd39cdde9 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e846528 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e7c8b70 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e7c905a UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e78b39b UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e7b374a UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e7d6dd9 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e78bb64 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e7af36d UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e7ce4da UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ff71e841bb8 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffc3b1e7bd4 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                          0x00007ffc3b68ce71 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Please help if possible to solve this error. Thank you.

PS. i have already tried clearing and validation cache several time.
                          Last edited by 3darchstuffs; 08-27-2019, 02:56 PM.
                          CHECK OUT:- Visit https://3darchstuffs.com/ for Unreal arch-viz tutorials, Unreal Demo EXE and Unreal projects with source files.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...X3Sm2Z9NXEHFV9

Comment

Originally posted by leoletsrock View Post
                            Hi Guys,

Why is my GPU usage remains 16% when Im using GPU lightmass bake? While CPU is 3X% and higher?

Also my memories usage most of the time remain 75-95%, and when memories drop to 50% the cpu usage will go up to 40-50%, does it mean my PC memories is relatively low that holding the CPU back in the rendering process?

Thanks again for those who script such a powerful GPU baking tool!

Thanks
                            Leo

Look at CUDA core to see your GPU working.

Comment

Awesome, You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by aka.prime View Post

Look at CUDA core to see your GPU working.
                                Tried to bake a scene and the CUDA usage is around 80%.
                                Didnt know can check CUDA like that, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X