No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, are you basically saying "I figured it out using this source release!" ? Just re-posting the link to github repo isn't going to help.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

So, are you basically saying "I figured it out using this source release!" ? Just re-posting the link to github repo isn't going to help.
      Also, the script is not setup to work with 4.23 until someone ports the GPU Lightmass itself to 4.23. I'll gladly update the script to 4.23 as soon as the core lightmass is updated. You guys are stuck with 4.22 until then.
      Technology Officer
      Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by ghassen charai View Post
        Hello, when I try to install the script this error occurs, keep in mind I installed the ue4 4.21 on another drive ? any help please?
        You are probably using the latest version of the script, which is configured by default to 4.22, while your installation is 4.21. For the script to work with it, you need to manually edit (notepad will do)( and change the UnrealVersion = 4.22 to 4.21
        Technology Officer
        Magma3D

Comment

you have instillation for 4.22.3 isn't it clear? it did a thing for me, if not I will not post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post

you have instillation for 4.22.3 isn't it clear? it did a thing for me, if not I will not post it.
            I am still using source/binaries and hybrid install as described in the earlier posts in this thread, for 4.22.3. I have not messed with github source for that reason.

Comment

I am still using source/binaries and hybrid install as described in the earlier posts in this thread, for 4.22.3. I have not messed with github source for that reason.
              Can you share the binaries generated for 4.23 in your build?
              Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
              Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

Can you share the binaries generated for 4.23 in your build?
                They are in the first post of this thread

Comment

They are in the first post of this thread
                  The source is. But I mean the files generated from the build, so that we can just overwrite the ones in the launcher version. If you build from the source, isn't that what gets generated?
                  I'm asking because building from the source takes a long time (to clone it, build it), so if you already have those files built.....

Comment

The source is. But I mean the files generated from the build, so that we can just overwrite the ones in the launcher version. If you build from the source, isn't that what gets generated?
                    I'm asking because building from the source takes a long time (to clone it, build it), so if you already have those files built.....
                    Not sure what you mean.

I replace .h and .cpp file in my UE4 source tree with GPULightmass ones and then build the engine. Then I download GPULightmass binaries for 4.22.3 and copy it over to respective folders in my freshly build engine source tree, replacing existing ones. The only .DLL I don't copy if the UnrealED one. Then I edit my base lightmass ini file and it's good to go.

It's the only way I can get GPULightmass working when building from source. If I only use cpp and h files, I don't get any lightmaps building at all.
                    Last edited by motorsep; 08-20-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Not sure what you mean.

I replace .h and .cpp file in my UE4 source tree with GPULightmass ones and then build the engine. Then I download GPULightmass binaries for 4.22.3 and copy it over to respective folders in my freshly build engine source tree, replacing existing ones. The only .DLL I don't copy if the UnrealED one. Then I edit my base lightmass ini file and it's good to go.

It's the only way I can get GPULightmass working when building from source. If I only use cpp and h files, I don't get any lightmaps building at all.
                      Not even I am sure of what I mean. lol
                      I had this thought: I saw your post, I supposed you managed to get GPULightmass working on 4.23 by building it from the source with GPULightmass source. So I believed that you had the resulting dlls and exes from the build that everybody else just needed to overwrite in the launcher version of 4.23 in order to use GPULightmass' files compatible with it.

Is that it? Because if its, I guess if you share the same dlls and exes that come in the binary versions of GPULightmass, but built with your 4.23 source, they could be used to replace the launcher version files. Unless you modified 4.23 prior to building, of course.

Comment

Not even I am sure of what I mean. lol
                        I had this thought: I saw your post, I supposed you managed to get GPULightmass working on 4.23 by building it from the source with GPULightmass source. So I believed that you had the resulting dlls and exes from the build that everybody else just needed to overwrite in the launcher version of 4.23 in order to use GPULightmass' files compatible with it.

Is that it? Because if its, I guess if you share the same dlls and exes that come in the binary versions of GPULightmass, but built with your 4.23 source, they could be used to replace the launcher version files. Unless you modified 4.23 prior to building, of course.
                        Where did you see me saying 4.23 ? I said 4.22.3

Comment

Where did you see me saying 4.23 ? I said 4.22.3
                          It was right after some of comments about 4.23, and I supposed wrongly. xD
                          Sorry.

Comment

It was right after some of comments about 4.23, and I supposed wrongly. xD
                            Sorry.
                            I'd like to use it with 4.23

Comment

I managed to port GPU Lightmass to 4.23.0-preview-6. Here's the download for the binary engine integration:
                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...npYezFena?dl=0

And here's my UE4 fork with GPU Lightmass cherry-picked from Yujiang's code on top of 4.23:
                              https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-6

Hope you guys find it helpful!

Comment

for people who need to see difference between cpulightmass and gpulightmass
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_IQRPOLfGI

Comment

Working...
                                X