Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by RVillani View Post

    The source is. But I mean the files generated from the build, so that we can just overwrite the ones in the launcher version. If you build from the source, isn't that what gets generated?
    I'm asking because building from the source takes a long time (to clone it, build it), so if you already have those files built.....
    Not sure what you mean.

    I replace .h and .cpp file in my UE4 source tree with GPULightmass ones and then build the engine. Then I download GPULightmass binaries for 4.22.3 and copy it over to respective folders in my freshly build engine source tree, replacing existing ones. The only .DLL I don't copy if the UnrealED one. Then I edit my base lightmass ini file and it's good to go.

    It's the only way I can get GPULightmass working when building from source. If I only use cpp and h files, I don't get any lightmaps building at all.
    Last edited by motorsep; 08-20-2019, 03:54 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by motorsep View Post

      Not sure what you mean.

      I replace .h and .cpp file in my UE4 source tree with GPULightmass ones and then build the engine. Then I download GPULightmass binaries for 4.22.3 and copy it over to respective folders in my freshly build engine source tree, replacing existing ones. The only .DLL I don't copy if the UnrealED one. Then I edit my base lightmass ini file and it's good to go.

      It's the only way I can get GPULightmass working when building from source. If I only use cpp and h files, I don't get any lightmaps building at all.
      Not even I am sure of what I mean. lol
      I had this thought: I saw your post, I supposed you managed to get GPULightmass working on 4.23 by building it from the source with GPULightmass source. So I believed that you had the resulting dlls and exes from the build that everybody else just needed to overwrite in the launcher version of 4.23 in order to use GPULightmass' files compatible with it.

      Is that it? Because if its, I guess if you share the same dlls and exes that come in the binary versions of GPULightmass, but built with your 4.23 source, they could be used to replace the launcher version files. Unless you modified 4.23 prior to building, of course.
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

      Comment


        Originally posted by RVillani View Post

        Not even I am sure of what I mean. lol
        I had this thought: I saw your post, I supposed you managed to get GPULightmass working on 4.23 by building it from the source with GPULightmass source. So I believed that you had the resulting dlls and exes from the build that everybody else just needed to overwrite in the launcher version of 4.23 in order to use GPULightmass' files compatible with it.

        Is that it? Because if its, I guess if you share the same dlls and exes that come in the binary versions of GPULightmass, but built with your 4.23 source, they could be used to replace the launcher version files. Unless you modified 4.23 prior to building, of course.
        Where did you see me saying 4.23 ? I said 4.22.3

        Comment


          Originally posted by motorsep View Post

          Where did you see me saying 4.23 ? I said 4.22.3
          It was right after some of comments about 4.23, and I supposed wrongly. xD
          Sorry.
          Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
          Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

          Comment


            Originally posted by RVillani View Post

            It was right after some of comments about 4.23, and I supposed wrongly. xD
            Sorry.
            I'd like to use it with 4.23

            Comment


              I managed to port GPU Lightmass to 4.23.0-preview-6. Here's the download for the binary engine integration:
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...npYezFena?dl=0

              And here's my UE4 fork with GPU Lightmass cherry-picked from Yujiang's code on top of 4.23:
              https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-6

              Hope you guys find it helpful!

              Comment


                for people who need to see difference between cpulightmass and gpulightmass
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_IQRPOLfGI

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ihisam72 View Post
                  for people who need to see difference between cpulightmass and gpulightmass
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_IQRPOLfGI
                  Lighting looks completely different, did the directional light change? Great video btw.

                  Comment


                    What does GPULightmass NOT support compare to CPULightmass ?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
                      I managed to port GPU Lightmass to 4.23.0-preview-6. Here's the download for the binary engine integration:
                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fjr63yeut...npYezFena?dl=0

                      And here's my UE4 fork with GPU Lightmass cherry-picked from Yujiang's code on top of 4.23:
                      https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-6

                      Hope you guys find it helpful!
                      Updated for UE4.23.0-preview-7. Binaries download link is the same.
                      Source branch: https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-7

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

                        Updated for UE4.23.0-preview-7. Binaries download link is the same.
                        Source branch: https://github.com/irobot/UnrealEngi...23.0-preview-7
                        Great news! Is there any way you can provide a patch so that people can integrate it into their source UE4 builds (for example I am using Oculus fork of UE4 and I could use patch instead of weeding out changes from the entire stock UE4 and implementing them into Oculus fork of UE4) ?

                        Comment


                          out of core is support ? i think not support. 4 light support. Ohooo gpulightmass not forwarding.This is not even baby step.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by motorsep View Post

                            Great news! Is there any way you can provide a patch so that people can integrate it into their source UE4 builds (for example I am using Oculus fork of UE4 and I could use patch instead of weeding out changes from the entire stock UE4 and implementing them into Oculus fork of UE4) ?
                            If you look at the commit log, you'll notice that the only difference from the original EpicGames source are the last three commits, which I simply cherry-picked from Yujiang's fork (with some merge conflicts resolved, obviously). You could do the same for the OculusVR fork.
                            Last edited by pax invictus; 08-21-2019, 05:24 PM.

                            Comment


                              Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm not sure what am I doing wrong. Tried all settings already and the result is still the same. 4.22.3, gtx 1070. Just applied 4.22 version onto mine, then replaces StaticLightingProductionQuality in baselightmass with lines:

                              NumShadowRaysScale=32
                              NumPenumbraShadowRaysScale=64
                              ApproximateHighResTexelsPerMaxTransitionDistanceScale=9
                              MinDistanceFieldUpsampleFactor=7
                              NumHemisphereSamplesScale=100
                              NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=6
                              NumDirectPhotonsScale=32
                              ; Decrease direct photon search distance so that we will have more accurate shadow transitions. This requires a higher density of direct photons.
                              DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=.5
                              NumIndirectPhotonPathsScale=32
                              ; Need a lot of indirect photons since we have increased the number of first bounce photons to use for final gathering with NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale
                              NumIndirectPhotonsScale=64
                              NumIndirectIrradiancePhotonsScale=32
                              ; Decreasing the record radius results in more records, which increases quality
                              RecordRadiusScaleScale=.45
                              InterpolationMaxAngleScale=.75
                              IrradianceCacheSmoothFactor=.75
                              NumAdaptiveRefinementLevels=3
                              AdaptiveBrightnessThresholdScale=.25
                              AdaptiveFirstBouncePhotonConeAngleScale=2.5
                              AdaptiveSkyVarianceThresholdScale=.5

                              Sorry if I'm repeating this problem, thanks in advance!

                              Comment


                                Hi Guys,

                                Why is my GPU usage remains 16% when Im using GPU lightmass bake? While CPU is 3X% and higher?

                                Also my memories usage most of the time remain 75-95%, and when memories drop to 50% the cpu usage will go up to 40-50%, does it mean my PC memories is relatively low that holding the CPU back in the rendering process?

                                Thanks again for those who script such a powerful GPU baking tool!

                                Thanks
                                Leo
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X