Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone at Epic get off their butt and get this in the engine ASAP

Comment

Honestly...I think Epic is working on a realtime raytraced viewport for lightmaps...like Unitys progressive lightmapper and I think what Luoshuang is sharing atm is just a first step in that direction. If you wanna bake lightmaps on the fly in the viewport you FIRST have to write a GPU solver anyways and then build upon that. So yeah...I think Epic actually has that in the pipeline already

Also...lets not forget that they showed exactly that at GDC in cooperation with nVidia

PS: what I am trying to say is it will end up in the engine eventually^^
      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Muchasty I had the same leaks in the corners with the gpu lightmass in a test scene where the inner planes of walls were detached as planes and was a 2 sided material assigned to them!

Comment

Hi,

I just opened my scene and when I wanted to rebuild the lighting this error popped up...what am I doing wrong? It was working before

Comment

Makigirl How to produce such clear shadows? I can not make them look like this ...

Comment

Well you don't really have much control but lightmap resolution with gpu lightmass... + post process...

Comment

Just as Geza Kadas, GPU Lightmass started crashing for me today. Haven't done anything special that I know and I have done several light bakes today without a problem, and now my light bake was just interrupted by this nice little message:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lightmass_crash.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	1463729

If I click OK, I get the option to abort (which aborts the bake), retry (which immediately crashes) or Ignore, which just goes back to getting the launch failure, and around and around

Except for this strangeness, I'm quite impressed with what you've achieved; I've rebaked several old projects, and it is 5-10x faster AND gives higher quality than I've had before =D

EDIT: Apparently there is something in one of my levels that causes the crash, cause when I tried baking ligt in other levels in the same project, there was no problem, Didn't even restart my computer or UE. There was really nothing special at all in the scene as far as I can see, just a few meshes, a few lights, a skylight and a postprocess volume, more or less. Any idea what could have caused the problem?
                Last edited by Frepp73; 04-20-2018, 12:05 AM.
                http://www.pixelpirates.se/
                Architectural and product visualisations

Comment

Originally posted by Geza Kadas View Post
                  Hi,

I just opened my scene and when I wanted to rebuild the lighting this error popped up...what am I doing wrong? It was working before
                  That's an Unreal bug unfortunately. Open Swarm, and clean the cache. That should fix it.
                  George Rolfe.
                  Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle_H View Post

So what is actual memory usage? Vertices + indices + lightmass materials baked to small textures which size is configured from lightmass.ini?
                    Hard to tell. The best way to do it would be just try until it breaks lol.

Originally posted by smbv1 View Post
                    Hello, I was so excited reading this topic, I have downloaded Dropbox hi-quality and placed it to C:\Program files\ Epic \ UE 4.19 \ Engine and replaced the files, then I've opened my archviz scene and tried to bake it, but once its completed BVH it's giving these errors. I started clean with full restarting PC, on Nvidia 1080, Windows 10. 32GB Ram
                    Originally posted by Frepp73 View Post
                    Just as Geza Kadas, GPU Lightmass started crashing for me today. Haven't done anything special that I know and I have done several light bakes today without a problem, and now my light bake was just interrupted by this nice little message:
                    Try further increasing TDR to something like 300.

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                    GPU Lightmass (4.19.1) causes some problems with this scene ( dark upper area and some sparks on the ceiling ):
                    It looks like you're using SourceLength which is not supported by GPULightmass currently and the lights will emit less energy in total; the 'rotated lights' is a UE4.19 bug.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post

That's an Unreal bug unfortunately. Open Swarm, and clean the cache. That should fix it.
                      Thank you, will try it later today !

Comment

It's too fast :O
                        THanks so much
                        I7-7700 vs GTX 1080ti
                        Nvidia GameWorks builds | 4.18.3 : Flex, Flow, VXGI, Blast, HairWorks, Volumetric Light, WaveWorks - Here

Comment

Thanks duke22 clearring the swarm cache done the trick !!!!

Comment

Luoshuang - thanks for explanation. In free time I will try to fix this scene and re-render the light maps.Then I will show the results.

BTW: THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH for you effort in developing the rendering part of UE4 !

--- Maybe you should think about some PATREON. I think that many of us could support you with few of bucks monthly. Just a FB UE4 - Archviz group has over 10k members ! $1 from only 1k of members could give you some nice financial support for more coffee and/or beer at work --- Look at the campaign of the HDRIHAVEN.com ---
                            https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

I also ran into the same issue with the swarm cache causing the lighting to fail to build but once it did, it did in a fraction of the time and I really like the results. Awesome plugin. Thanks
                              Columbus Ohio Unreal Meetup
                              @OCGameStudio | Sphere Complex | twitch.tv/WFMOz

Comment

+1 for PATREON, this effort deserves financial support!
                                ArtStation

Comment

Working...
                                X