Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by YujiangW View Post
    Hi, I'm Yujiang 'Luoshuang' Wang.
    I have open sourced GPULightmass here: https://github.com/AlanIWBFT/GPULightmass
    With the development of an official GPU Lightmass using DXR starting, GPULightmass is in a frozen state now. Its life is up to you community members!

    How can I help?

    Comment


      Originally posted by YujiangW View Post
      Hi, I'm Yujiang 'Luoshuang' Wang.
      I have open sourced GPULightmass here: https://github.com/AlanIWBFT/GPULightmass
      With the development of an official GPU Lightmass using DXR starting, GPULightmass is in a frozen state now. Its life is up to you community members!
      Man, I just found out about this plugin and wanted to give it a try but I'm on 4.22.2 now. is it possible to use this with 4.22.2?
      Last edited by fael097; 06-02-2019, 12:30 AM.
      behance.net/fael097

      Comment


        Hi YujiangW !
        Thanks for your commitment in Lightmass project.
        You did sth very, very important. Something extraordinary! Especially for all of us who are using UE4 for ArchViz and related stuff.
        You gave us completely new quality and speed of baking !
        THANK YOU Yujiang 'Luoshuang' Wang !

        It would be nice to know what the future is coming with:
        1) If work on current GPULM is frozen does it mean that in next UE4 release (4.23) we should expect built-in GPULM-DXR ( I will call it DXRLM) version ?
        2) Is there possibility that DXRLM will be able to use RTX family RT cores to create instant lightmaps, on the fly ?
        3) Are any changes planned in usage/creation of UV maps dedicated for lightmaps when DXRLM will be released?
        4) What really should we expect from DXRLM ?

        I know that you cannot give us answers to all of the questions so I invite to our Ligthmass community Amanda.Bott , because Lightmass is a critical element in our workflow.
        Thank you.
        https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

        Comment


          Many thanks for your effort!
          http://www.ue4arch.com

          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
          Latest projects

          Comment


            Any news on Prometheus LM?? It was announced couple month ago and even test version works perfect. Does your statement meat that Prometheus is frozen too?

            Comment


              any news on LOD/HLOD support so we dont see black spots

              Comment


                Originally posted by fael097 View Post

                Man, I just found out about this plugin and wanted to give it a try but I'm on 4.22.2 now. is it possible to use this with 4.22.2?
                I haven't done anything too crazy with it, but it works for me in my custom 4.22.2 source build using the "4.22.0 Unified Settings" download from the OP.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by DsyD View Post

                  I haven't done anything too crazy with it, but it works for me in my custom 4.22.2 source build using the "4.22.0 Unified Settings" download from the OP.
                  that sounds cool, but honestly I don't know a thing about all this open source stuff, so you lost me at "custom 4.22.2 source build" I know how to download executables and install them, lol.
                  could you point directions on how to get this working?
                  behance.net/fael097

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by fael097 View Post

                    that sounds cool, but honestly I don't know a thing about all this open source stuff, so you lost me at "custom 4.22.2 source build" I know how to download executables and install them, lol.
                    could you point directions on how to get this working?
                    Hey Fael097,

                    just download the zip for the 4.22! unzip it! put unzipped files in to your UE_4.22 folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22.
                    and you are good to go

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by fael097 View Post

                      Man, I just found out about this plugin and wanted to give it a try but I'm on 4.22.2 now. is it possible to use this with 4.22.2?
                      Working on 4.22.2 using
                      Originally posted by fael097 View Post

                      that sounds cool, but honestly I don't know a thing about all this open source stuff, so you lost me at "custom 4.22.2 source build" I know how to download executables and install them, lol.
                      could you point directions on how to get this working?
                      I´m using 4.22.2 and works perfect. You can try using the script "Lightmass Configurator"

                      Comment


                        Hi 'Luoshuang. First thing, i'm brand new in UE since 3 weeks now. And i must say i'm TRULY amazed with your job.

                        Hopefully this GPU solver will be part of UE sometime soon.

                        In the meawhile: Can it be possible to add a post Optix (or other kind of solution) denoiser? That would absolutely amazing.

                        Thanks in advance.
                        Alex Roman

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Bakikibakibabaki View Post

                          Hey Fael097,

                          just download the zip for the 4.22! unzip it! put unzipped files in to your UE_4.22 folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22.
                          and you are good to go

                          ohhh interesting. I assume I should backup the files I'm replacing?

                          ok, I just tried it. a scene that took me 11 hours on cpu just took 3 minutes on gpu. so either my current settings are not being used or this is some sort of witchery lol. also, my quality doesn't improve much by changing ligthmass settings in world settings. and I'm getting a lot of fireflies. how exactly do I change the quality settings?
                          edit: nevermind see below

                          Originally posted by diegoramirez View Post

                          Working on 4.22.2 using

                          I´m using 4.22.2 and works perfect. You can try using the script "Lightmass Configurator"
                          that's cool, where can I get this script?
                          edit: ok just found it as lightmass configuration in this thread. gonna try it! cheers
                          edit2: I downloaded the configurator and rendered the same scene that took 3 minutes before, but on highest quality possible this time. it now took little less than 1 hour but the result is much better than cpu, I cannot believe how amazing this is. definitely a game changer, can't say how impressed I am. kudos!
                          Last edited by fael097; 06-08-2019, 09:13 AM.
                          behance.net/fael097

                          Comment


                            so, does changing lightmass settings in my world settings still do anything, or I need to do it via the configurator? how about the buld lighting quality? both don't seem to do much from what I'm testing.

                            but most importantly, how about volumetric lightmap detail cell size? I tried different values and they do have some effect, but my dynamic objects look different from cpu volumetric lighting, as if they have some shadows creeping in from underneath. do I still adjust it in the world settings panel or do I have to set it on a config file?
                            behance.net/fael097

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 3Seventh View Post
                              Hi 'Luoshuang. First thing, i'm brand new in UE since 3 weeks now. And i must say i'm TRULY amazed with your job.

                              Hopefully this GPU solver will be part of UE sometime soon.

                              In the meawhile: Can it be possible to add a post Optix (or other kind of solution) denoiser? That would absolutely amazing.

                              Thanks in advance.
                              Alex Roman
                              Nice to see you here Master! We hope to appreciate your work on UE4 soon!
                              http://www.ue4arch.com

                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
                              Latest projects

                              Comment


                                Thanks, Mr. Luoshuang's a lot for your great and useful tool!
                                It makes really more realistic look (IMHO) and much faster (even 1060 vs my old 3570k))

                                But comparing both cpu and gpu render I noticed some dark line under ceiling. Not sure if its good/photoreal? How can I remove it? Maybe more some indirect bounces?

                                Click image for larger version  Name:	105Kit_1cpu.jpg Views:	2 Size:	304.6 KB ID:	1629951Click image for larger version  Name:	105Kit_1gpu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	316.9 KB ID:	1629952

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X