Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm Yujiang 'Luoshuang' Wang.
    I have open sourced GPULightmass here: https://github.com/AlanIWBFT/GPULightmass
    With the development of an official GPU Lightmass using DXR starting, GPULightmass is in a frozen state now. Its life is up to you community members!

Comment

YujiangW, big fan of your work!

Is there a release date, or projected UE4 version, for the DXR Lightmass you’re building?

Comment

Originally posted by YujiangW View Post
        I have open sourced GPULightmass here: https://github.com/AlanIWBFT/GPULightmass
        With the development of an official GPU Lightmass using DXR starting, GPULightmass is in a frozen state now. Its life is up to you community members!

How can I help?

Comment

Originally posted by YujiangW View Post
          Man, I just found out about this plugin and wanted to give it a try but I'm on 4.22.2 now. is it possible to use this with 4.22.2?
          Last edited by fael097; 06-02-2019, 12:30 AM.
          behance.net/fael097

Comment

Hi YujiangW !
            Thanks for your commitment in Lightmass project.
            You did sth very, very important. Something extraordinary! Especially for all of us who are using UE4 for ArchViz and related stuff.
            You gave us completely new quality and speed of baking !
            THANK YOU Yujiang 'Luoshuang' Wang !

It would be nice to know what the future is coming with:
            1) If work on current GPULM is frozen does it mean that in next UE4 release (4.23) we should expect built-in GPULM-DXR ( I will call it DXRLM) version ?
            2) Is there possibility that DXRLM will be able to use RTX family RT cores to create instant lightmaps, on the fly ?
            3) Are any changes planned in usage/creation of UV maps dedicated for lightmaps when DXRLM will be released?
            4) What really should we expect from DXRLM ?

I know that you cannot give us answers to all of the questions so I invite to our Ligthmass community Amanda.Bott , because Lightmass is a critical element in our workflow.
            Thank you.
            https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Many thanks for your effort!
              http://www.ue4arch.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
              Latest projects

Comment

Any news on Prometheus LM?? It was announced couple month ago and even test version works perfect. Does your statement meat that Prometheus is frozen too?

Comment

any news on LOD/HLOD support so we dont see black spots

Comment

Originally posted by fael097 View Post

Man, I just found out about this plugin and wanted to give it a try but I'm on 4.22.2 now. is it possible to use this with 4.22.2?
                    I haven't done anything too crazy with it, but it works for me in my custom 4.22.2 source build using the "4.22.0 Unified Settings" download from the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post

I haven't done anything too crazy with it, but it works for me in my custom 4.22.2 source build using the "4.22.0 Unified Settings" download from the OP.
                      that sounds cool, but honestly I don't know a thing about all this open source stuff, so you lost me at "custom 4.22.2 source build" I know how to download executables and install them, lol.
                      could you point directions on how to get this working?
                      behance.net/fael097

Comment

that sounds cool, but honestly I don't know a thing about all this open source stuff, so you lost me at "custom 4.22.2 source build" I know how to download executables and install them, lol.
                        Hey Fael097,

just download the zip for the 4.22! unzip it! put unzipped files in to your UE_4.22 folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22.
                        and you are good to go

Comment

Working on 4.22.2 using

I´m using 4.22.2 and works perfect. You can try using the script "Lightmass Configurator"

Comment

Hi 'Luoshuang. First thing, i'm brand new in UE since 3 weeks now. And i must say i'm TRULY amazed with your job.

Hopefully this GPU solver will be part of UE sometime soon.

In the meawhile: Can it be possible to add a post Optix (or other kind of solution) denoiser? That would absolutely amazing.

Thanks in advance.
                            Alex Roman

Comment

Originally posted by Bakikibakibabaki View Post

Hey Fael097,

just download the zip for the 4.22! unzip it! put unzipped files in to your UE_4.22 folder. Usually C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22.
                              and you are good to go

ohhh interesting. I assume I should backup the files I'm replacing?

ok, I just tried it. a scene that took me 11 hours on cpu just took 3 minutes on gpu. so either my current settings are not being used or this is some sort of witchery lol. also, my quality doesn't improve much by changing ligthmass settings in world settings. and I'm getting a lot of fireflies. how exactly do I change the quality settings?
                              edit: nevermind see below

Originally posted by diegoramirez View Post

Working on 4.22.2 using

I´m using 4.22.2 and works perfect. You can try using the script "Lightmass Configurator"
                              that's cool, where can I get this script?
                              edit: ok just found it as lightmass configuration in this thread. gonna try it! cheers
                              edit2: I downloaded the configurator and rendered the same scene that took 3 minutes before, but on highest quality possible this time. it now took little less than 1 hour but the result is much better than cpu, I cannot believe how amazing this is. definitely a game changer, can't say how impressed I am. kudos!
                              Last edited by fael097; 06-08-2019, 09:13 AM.
                              behance.net/fael097

Comment

so, does changing lightmass settings in my world settings still do anything, or I need to do it via the configurator? how about the buld lighting quality? both don't seem to do much from what I'm testing.

but most importantly, how about volumetric lightmap detail cell size? I tried different values and they do have some effect, but my dynamic objects look different from cpu volumetric lighting, as if they have some shadows creeping in from underneath. do I still adjust it in the world settings panel or do I have to set it on a config file?
                                behance.net/fael097

Comment

Working...
                                X