No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where i can download the prometheus test version? i only found the 4.22 lightmass in the first page

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by samdax View Post
      Where i can download the prometheus test version? i only found the 4.22 lightmass in the first page

Thanks!
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ghtmass/page65

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Luoshuang What is the stipulation on the licensing for company use? Could we obtain a license? Or could this be under MIT or GPL? Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Luoshuang, this Lightmass tool is fantastic!

Comment

4.22.0 Unified Settings Vs Cpu-Lightmass

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

Not sure I understand the usefulness of the comparison. I don't think it's indicative to compare prometheus and CPU, since the first one is not a full implementation and would bias your results. But then again, it says "unified vs cpu" in the title, so what is it?
                Technology Officer
                Magma3D

Comment

Any updates on MultiGPUs???

Comment

Hello. I was wondering if someone can answer my question since I couldnt find anything about it on this thread. Long story short I used the GPULightmass about 4-5 months ago on 4.20 version. I havent used it since and I started working on a personal project so I went ahead and updated to 4.22 downloaded the new script but Im noticing something that wasnt happening before. The GPU usage barely goes over 10% now while it was almost always at 100% before. I thought maybe its something to do with the new UE4 version so I tried it on 4.20 but Im still seeing very low GPU usage and its much slower than before. My gpu is GTX 1080Ti, tried with both game and creator drivers, with cuda and without cuda drivers. Its still slow and barely uses my GPU over 10%. Is this normal now or am I doing something wrong? Thank you so much.
                    Last edited by dvenov; 04-13-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvenov View Post
                      Hello. I was wondering if someone can answer my question since I couldnt find anything about it on this thread. Long story short I used the GPULightmass about 4-5 months ago on 4.20 version. I havent used it since and I started working on a personal project so I went ahead and updated to 4.22 downloaded the new script but Im noticing something that wasnt happening before. The GPU usage barely goes over 10% now while it was almost always at 100% before. I thought maybe its something to do with the new UE4 version so I tried it on 4.20 but Im still seeing very low GPU usage and its much slower than before. My gpu is GTX 1080Ti, tried with both game and creator drivers, with cuda and without cuda drivers. Its still slow and barely uses my GPU over 10%. Is this normal now or am I doing something wrong? Thank you so much.
                      check CUDA usage. It was said already somewhere in the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

Not sure I understand the usefulness of the comparison. I don't think it's indicative to compare prometheus and CPU, since the first one is not a full implementation and would bias your results. But then again, it says "unified vs cpu" in the title, so what is it?

Comment

Hello everybody!
                          I have problems prometheus gpu installed.
                          I installed ue 4.22 stable version bud i don't understand install procedure this is then download .zip (prometheus last version)
                          copy files owerrides folders (engine dir) prometheus in files.
                          I run simple project not used gpu progrss bar and not 0% gpu.

I use linux for ue4 and not avalaible for prohmeteus ?

THX

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post

check CUDA usage. It was said already somewhere in the thread
                            Thanks, I guess that's the GPU Core load line in HWinfo? If so then yeah, that's pretty 100% all the time during rendering.

Comment

Hi Luoshuang,

A quick question, how difficult would it be to fix this issue with the point light when it has a length? Please see the image attached.

I know the quickest workaround would be to use rect lights but in my case this is not an option.

It's the only major issue I have with it, I'm extremely happy with it otherwise.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm using 4.21 version, unified settings.
                              Last edited by Morningcoffee007; 04-17-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningcoffee007 View Post
                                Hi Luoshuang,

A quick question, how difficult would it be to fix this issue with the point light when it has a length? Please see the image attached.

I know the quickest workaround would be to use rect lights but in my case this is not an option.

It's the only major issue I have with it, I'm extremely happy with it otherwise.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm using 4.21 version, unified settings.
                                What about just using a emissive light card mesh as a light?

Comment

Working...
                                X