Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jinngonqui View Post
    Any thoughts on where/how to track down crash source?
    I don't have idea either But from my experience it is likely related to one of your meshes has some problem

Originally posted by Cyberglobe View Post
    I am kind of stuck and I don't know what to try next.Thanks
    Weird, I tested 4.21 locally and the quality did scale with number of samples settings

Comment

Originally posted by ldo View Post
      @ Luoshuang

Did some experiments with Prometheus, very nocticable overall quality improvement in comparison with previous GPU Lightmass even on Unified settings. 99% dark corners free.
      I have couple questions:

1. Old GPU Lightmass plugin had only Num Indirect Bounces setting possible to change, will new Prometheus respect other Lightmass Settings, like Static Lighting Level Scale or Num Sky Lighting Bounces?

2. Will it be possible to change the baking quality (Preview, Medium, High etc.) on the fly with no need to restart the editor?

3. Any info about ETA ?
      1. Static Lighting Level Scale is a parameter for the old school irradiance caching, which is the source of large splotches and seams between modular pieces, thus has been abandoned; Num Sky Lighting Bounces is respected by CPU Lightmass because it runs separate passes for sky lights and other lights, however GPULightmass has only one unified secondary GI pass thus it is not practial.

2. With 4.21 Unified settings you can already do that by modifying BaseLightmass.ini

3. No idea, even me don't know when I can finish it

Regarding the 'seemingly' dark corners in the images, can you check whether the wall's UVs are detatched? If a texel expands over the corner it will be inevitably dark due to the limitations in UE4's 'spherical harmonics'.

Comment

Some things about new prometheus baker that are very cool - you get defined shadows from sun using hdri and its working correctly with proper physical light intensities unlike regular gpu lightmass.

Comment

Originally posted by vGNS View Post
          Some things about new prometheus baker that are very cool - you get defined shadows from sun using hdri and its working correctly with proper physical light intensities unlike regular gpu lightmass.
          I'm pretty sure you can achieve the same by raising FireflyClampingThreshold to something like 10000.0 in BaseLightmass.ini

Comment

Someone could provide me links for 4.22 preview 7?
            I cannot find it :O

EDIT: FOUND IT
            Leaving the link for others: https://dl.orangedox.com/rVuVzbmWWylmlPGbZo
            Last edited by doomgravex; 03-31-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I've been doing some tests with GPULightmass lately, and am really excited about it. However, I'm stuck in the middle of a hardware purchasing dilemma. Right now the only Nvidia GPU I have is a 1050ti 4GB. I am currently running a Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.6 Ghz, and when baking lights using normal Lightmass it seems to be 3-4 times faster than GPULightmass on the 1050ti. This is with roughly equivalent settings (preview lighting on the CPU baker and the 'fast preview' setting on GPULightmass). I understand that the 1050ti is not the strongest GPU in the world.

I'd like to run a series of benchmarks to determine whether I should spend my money on a better GPU for light baking or a second box to route swarm to.

However, I'm not sure if there's a 1:1 relationship between regular Lightmass quality levels and GPULightmass quality levels. Also, If I put my results into a spreadsheet, would people think about adding to them? This would help me determine which GPU to buy, if that's what I decide on, and maybe help the community too.

Comment

Hey Guys, got this error when trying to build on 4.22 the new Prometheus ,
                I am running a geforce 2080 Ti and my driver is the 419.17.
                I already try to clean the cache in Swarm agent.
                Do you have experienced this error before?
                The GPU Lightmass on 4.21 is working very good.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yup, same error too, materialarray at 0 ?
                  Antoine Guillo, FR
                  Virtual Reality Designer
                  https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

[2019.04.01-14.45.25:047][958]LightingResults: Error: <None> === Lightmass crashed: ===
                    Assertion failed: NumMaterialElements > 0 [File:C:\UE4-GPULightmassIntegration\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealLightmass\Private\Lighting\LightingMesh.cpp] [Line: 126]

0x00007ffa8c919149 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff9fc3ae5e7 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff9fc3b0f77 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff9fc241bea UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff9fc1ccf39 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff9fc1cd689 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2bab2a9 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2bd3981 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2b3aa55 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2b62438 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2b49c14 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2b6a4ad UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                    0x00007ff6a2b8867a UnrealLightmass.[2019.04.01-14.45.25:050][958]*** CRITICAL ERROR! Logfile: UnrealLight_ALDE_B1DBB75F4229114C7998E59F3F011CD9.log
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.25:054][959]*** CRITICAL ERROR! Crash report:
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.25:680][ 15]Job has failed! Job executable didn't exit cleanly. Exit code: 1
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.25:692][ 15]LogStaticLightingSystem: Warning: Failed to build lighting!!! Lighting build failed.
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.30:984][ 15]DumpUnbuiltLightIteractions
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.30:985][ 15]Lights with unbuilt interactions: 0
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.30:986][ 15]
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.30:987][ 15]Primitives with unbuilt interactions: 0
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.31:391][ 16]Cmd: MAP CHECK NOTIFYRESULTS
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.31:392][ 16]MapCheck: New page: Test - 01.04.2019 18:45:31
                    [2019.04.01-14.45.31:393][ 16]MapCheck: Map check complete: 0 Error(s), 0 Warning(s), took 1,635ms to complete.

I think so, NumMaterialElements > 0, is this what you mean?

Comment

LegendreVR @Bakikibakibabaki I've uploaded 0.2.2. See whether that resolves your issue.

Comment

Thank you Loushuang,
                        Errors gone!
                        Look amazing!

Comment

That error looks fixed here too ! Goodbye padding problems, even on low resolutions !

Antoine Guillo, FR
                          Virtual Reality Designer

Comment

Luoshuang alright well, seems like we're not out of trouble yet !

I've got this Assertion failed crash when trying to bake one of my scenes : could it be a problem with one of the assets in the scene or is it Prometheus's fault ? I've seen errors of this kind in the past with GPULM.

Antoine Guillo, FR
                            Virtual Reality Designer

Comment

Luoshuang - could you release "official" version of GPU Lightmass for UE4.22 on the 1st page of this thread as usual ?
                              Thanks!
                              https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
                                Luoshuang alright well, seems like we're not out of trouble yet !

I've got this Assertion failed crash when trying to bake one of my scenes : could it be a problem with one of the assets in the scene or is it Prometheus's fault ? I've seen errors of this kind in the past with GPULM.

It looks like one of your mesh is generating zero triangles (maybe a kind of special mesh, or the mesh has problems)

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                                Luoshuang - could you release "official" version of GPU Lightmass for UE4.22 on the 1st page of this thread as usual ?
                                Thanks!
                                Which "official" version are you referring to? You mean - a port of the 4.21 version to 4.22?

Comment

Working...
                                X